UEFA Conference League 2021-2022

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Spurs are playing Pacos de Ferreira in an hour. Excited to watch Gil, Scarlett, Romero and Sessegnon.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Pacos´manager is classy.

Kind of cool watching games basically with one camera again. Got a much better overview of play compared to how games are usually presented these days with close up pictures all the time.

CCV is just as useless as always I see. So odd that he is still at Spurs.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Can't really complain :laugh:

CCV clueless again. He is astonishingly bad whenever he plays for Spurs.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Spurs concede one before half time.

Can't say that any Spurs player is looking good. Doherty and Winks are especially terrible.

Thank god this is a double tie.

Reactions: Fro

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Spurs have been shocking. But quite used to that in these types of games. Evens so you are still a bit surprised every time it happens.

I would expect Pacos to tire a bit come second half. But if this ends up 2-0 Spurs might not play in the CL this season.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
It's not like Spurs have anybody special that can come off the bench either. Just academy players.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Really difficult to single out who has been the worst. Winks is certainly a candidate though. And CCV. But so many to choose from.

Can anyone say they have played well? I guess Davies hasn't looked completely lost. And probably can't blame the goalkeeper for much - even if it is easy to see which corner he is going for when scoring.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
The only positive is that it is difficult to play any worse in the second half.

And I guess I couldn't care less about this tournament. I don't mind it for academy players etc. getting to play some games, but that is about it. If Spurs are still in it come spring it will most likely just be annoying having to play in it.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Clarke looks like he is coming on. Will be interesting to see if that is for John or CCV.

Another fantastic buy from Spurs. 10m or whatever it was. Astonishing.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Can anyone say they have played well? I guess Davies hasn't looked completely lost. And probably can't blame the goalkeeper for much - even if it is easy to see which corner he is going for when scoring.

I think Gil looks quite gifted. Also seems to press really hard.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I think the person tracking the game on Flashscore hates Winks as well....this is just between minutes 50-53. LOL

Harry Winks (Tottenham) takes the corner kick but the ball only finds the head of an opponent.
Harry Winks (Tottenham) steps up to take the corner, but the ball just sails in among the defenders.
Harry Winks (Tottenham) is obviously not following the Golden Rule: „Treat others as you want to be treated.“ He makes a bad challenge and leaves Maurizio Mariani with no other option than to blow for a foul.

Reactions: Paulie Gualtieri

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
CCV is just so bad. Trying to control the simplest pass and it just bounces off him leading to Spurs losing possession.

At least Spurs are looking like a League Two side in this half. Huge improvement.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I got Paramount+ and thought I could watch these qualifiers/playoffs for the Conference League and Europa League, but that doesn't seem to be the case?

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Watching it on Portuguese TV.

CCV. I'm lost for words. Just unreal.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I don't think so. Certainly not a single scoring opportunity.

Credit to Pacos. Very well organised. Spurs laughable.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I didn't come back to this thread, was on Twitter live...

The youth are not ready for games vs stronger adults

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Looking past the usual suspects, the new signings, and the younger players, I can't help expecting much more from Lo Celso, a regular starter in Argentina's Copa-winning squad. I keep waiting for him to break out for Spurs, but it never happens.

Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad