UEFA Conference League 2021-2022

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Tonight's handball.

Soyuncu.png

Last game's handball. Soyuncu hands the ball with his left hand, then it goes and bounce on his right hand an Schmeichel was beaten.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Meanwhile I said that Porto should have had a penalty against Lyon in the first leg.

So liars will lie.

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
Bødø/Glimt continue their cinderella run and eliminate AZ in OT

Has a Norwegian team ever reached a European QF before? :D

Yes 25 years ago. Rosenborg in Champions League.
Also Vålerenga reached QF in the cup winners cup in 1998 ,and Brann did reach QF in CWC in 1997 beating PSV Eindhoven
I'm not that surprised that Bodoe Glimt beat teams like Celtic and AZ. Molde did last year knock out Hoffenheim from Bundesliga and reached last 16 in Europa League as well.

So the top teams in the norwegian league are better than many people think.

Last edited:
Reactions: Savi and Evilo

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Did you watch the game? They dominated but passed around in the box without shooting. Totally frustrating. Should have won by a wider margin too tonight.
And of course two blatant penalties not whistled (no VAR in Conference).
I watched both legs. Rennes were the better team for the first 20 minutes but possession ended up 50/50 in the first leg. Neither team dominated.

Tonight, other than the goals both teams had 2 good chances. Guirassy's saved by Schmeichel and Santamaria's shot wide. Leicester had Barnes' counter and Amartey's header. The penalty claims were weak.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
and Brann did reach QF in CWC in 1997 beating PSV Eindhoven

Right! I should have known that one, I still remember it. Brann also eliminated Belgian club Cercle Bruges that year.
I was still a kid but there was another kid in my football team who was a big Cercle Bruges fan, went to all their games with his dad and knew several of the players. The day after the game he showed up at our practice with a Brann jersey he got from one of the Cercle players who exchanged it after the game :D
And of course Tore Andre Flo played for them that year too.

Reactions: Fjorden

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I watched both legs. Rennes were the better team for the first 20 minutes but possession ended up 50/50 in the first leg. Neither team dominated.

Tonight, other than the goals both teams had 2 good chances. Guirassy's saved by Schmeichel and Santamaria's shot wide. Leicester had Barnes' counter and Amartey's header. The penalty claims were weak.
The penalty claims were weak?
Are you serious.
Soyuncu, on his line handles the ball with right hand then with his left hand to prevent a goal and the claim is weak?
Tonoght Leicester had two handballs in their box. The still shows it!
With VAR, Rennes is through.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
The penalty claims were weak?
Are you serious.
Soyuncu, on his line handles the ball with right hand then with his left hand to prevent a goal and the claim is weak?
Tonoght Leicester had two handballs in their box. The still shows it!
With VAR, Rennes is through.
I was talking about last night's claims.The one where Vestergaard is sitting down isn't worth discussing, The second, Dewsbury-Hall is right next to Barnes. Would have been very harsh.

Soyuncu's arms were by his side and Aguerd is right next to him when shooting.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
By his side? The ball hit both hands in two separate moments. Saying it's weak is ridiculous. Again, with VAR, there's no discussion it's a penalty.
And yesterday, you also know that Rennes would have had two penalties based on the rules and VAR.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
In the still image you posted and slow mo replays Soyuncu's arms are by his side with Aguerd's attempt too close for it to be called.

I didn't even say the Soyuncu one was weak. I said weak claims in the paragraph for last night's game.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
In the still image you posted and slow mo replays Soyuncu's arms are by his side with Aguerd's attempt too close for it to be called.

I didn't even say the Soyuncu one was weak. I said weak claims in the paragraph for last night's game.

Look at those 4 calls over two legs.
Third one is really weak I agree. The first one from the first leg is obvious (ball is going in, two handballs), and clearly, the last one is a penalty in the return leg. Third is 50/50.
To think that on ANY of those 4 calls, no penalty was called and that in the end, there was one goal between the two teams, it's laughable.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
The video isn't available.

Still don't think the first leg one is obvious. Soyuncu's arms are in a natural position.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
His arm prevents the ball from going in.
By doing so he enlarges the width of his body. Textbook penalty.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Leicester left their lockerroom in Rennes in a sorry state.
Lack of education is incredible.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Another high-scoring match by a Dutch team as Feyenoord and Slavia Praha drew 3-3. Good for the competition that goals keeps on coming.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Mourinho has lost to Bodø/Glimt twice this season, conceding 8 goals in two away games. Love it.

Reactions: luiginb

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
That goal from Dimi was absolutely insane. How he got that much power on the ball is wild!

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
Apparently Roma's GK coach physically assaulted Bodö's manager. Police report has been filed.

Norwegian media has another version.

Roma's gk coach Santons waited for Bodø coach Knutsen in the tunnel and started trash talking to Knutsen. Santos put the arm around the neck on Knutsen and pushed him into the wall trying to choke him.
Then Knutsen threw Santos to the Floor, and the fight ended.

UEFA and the police will investigate it, everything was taped by the camera in the tunnel and is delivered to uefa and the police for investigation.

Glimts daglige leder: Knutsen la Romas keepertrener i bakken

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad