GWT: UEFA Champions League Round of 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Not sure what Arsenal's game plan has been thus far. Sitting very deep, but showing no interest in attacking the ball, nor do they defend the room too well.

I get not wanting to be too open, but that looks like a team playing to its weaknesses, so far. Just 20 minutes though, obviously.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Not sure what Arsenal's game plan has been thus far. Sitting very deep, but showing no interest in attacking the ball, nor do they defend the room too well.

I get not wanting to be too open, but that looks like a team playing to its weaknesses, so far. Just 20 minutes though, obviously.

they're just not a team set up for the counter... as alexis just demonstrated

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
they're just not a team set up for the counter... as alexis just demonstrated

Which is annoying because we should/could be. We have pace (Alexis/Ox/Walcott/Welbeck). We have good passers both long and short (Xhaka/Özil). We have the pieces that make sense to run a strong counter. We just.....don't.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

Hasn't their game plan always been: get crushed by Bayern in the first leg regardless of whether it's home or away, and then hope Bayern is complacent the second leg???

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Technically, that was a penalty. The Arsenal guy got the ball and Lewnadowski clipped him. Would've definitely been a foul outside of the box.

It's an irregular play of him to get to the ball. Dangerous play with the outstretched leg from above. That's a free kick (indirect without contact) every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad