Manchester City - Monaco

Wednesday 22 Feb

Porto - Juventus
Sevilla - Leceister

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
As I said, PSG is its best form of the season so hopefully they don't get blown out.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Srsly can't they postpone the games so we get to watch them after work?

It's ok euro posters you can afford to watch the games at midnight, you have nice weather

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Actually one of the things I hate about champions league is the late starts. Wish they'd start the games at like 18h30 so the kids could watch them too. Who has time to start watching a game at 9pm on a weeknight?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Actually one of the things I hate about champions league is the late starts. Wish they'd start the games at like 18h30 so the kids could watch them too. Who has time to start watching a game at 9pm on a weeknight?

They are trying to cater to multiple time zones.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I dunno why but I'm feeling both PSG and Napoli for these games. Mertens is in special form atm and PSG seem to be coming into their own while Emery seems like a pretty strong European coach.

We'll see I guess.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I've got to admit, I'm a little anxious about the Bayern-Arsenal game. We just haven't been good since the winter break. We've won most our games, but a couple off late goals, and haven't played very convincingly - very little creativity and chances created, for the most part. Hopefully it's a case of the players getting up for the big match.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I dunno why but I'm feeling both PSG and Napoli for these games. Mertens is in special form atm and PSG seem to be coming into their own while Emery seems like a pretty strong European coach.

We'll see I guess.

Emery has beaten Barca once in something like 25 games. :(

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Frick I need to work really hard today and tomorrow morning so I can not feel too bad about using one of the screens at my work computer to watch these.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I've got to admit, I'm a little anxious about the Bayern-Arsenal game. We just haven't been good since the winter break. We've won most our games, but a couple off late goals, and haven't played very convincingly - very little creativity and chances created, for the most part. Hopefully it's a case of the players getting up for the big match.

Wouldn't be nervous. Arsenal have played poorly away at the top EPL dogs all season.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Emery has beaten Barca once in something like 25 games. :(

Yeah but to be fair there's a massive gulf in quality between the team he's managing now and those teams he had against Barca before.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Sure.
Unfortunately, I feel there's still a massige gap between Barca and PSG now, even an in-form PSG.
I see Monaco/City as 50/50 (mainly because Monaco doesn't have much experience because they're the better team), but here it's 80/20 Barca IMO.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Just read that as well, lucky break for Barca, who've had trouble with PSG in the CL the past few years.

Curious to see how Benfica Dortmund turns out. Dortmund should be huge favourites, especially with how Benfica barely squeaked in, but if their domestic struggles carry over and Benfica draws on home environment, you never know

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Our Champions League form this season has been excellent, much better than the Bundesliga form. We should beat Benfica, not sure we'll be able to beat one of the other big teams.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
So is Mascherano for Barça

Gomes will start in midfield lol. Such a soft player against the likes of Verratti and Matuidi, should be interesting

I think PSG have a very real opportunity to eliminate Barça this year. The problem is we never know which Barça team is going to show up this season, it seems one week they can destroy anyone and the next they can lose to anyone

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
This PSG team can't beat Barca over two legs IMO. Especially without Silva for at least one game.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Good news for PSG is that Motta is out, so Emery is forced to play Verratti/Matuidi/Rabiot. Great news :D

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
PSG looking much better right now, but you have to score.
MSN will score at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad