UEFA Champions League Qualifying Rounds 2022-23

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah that was a bad choice by Clément. Overtrusted his defense.
But Monaco had more chances and hit the posts 3 times.
But PSV had few chances and yet they scored more goals.
The D was awful like always for Monaco. And that will last until December. Like so many years.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Next time my boss ask me why i’m not doing anything at work i will just say i’m a slowstarter and he will have to wait until december. It’s genius!

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
In the first leg, Clement started Minamino, Golovin and Volland. All three sucked. They got replaced, Monaco equalized and hit the post.
Tonight, he started the same lineup. Monaco only scored when they were replaced by Diop, Diatta and co.

Same mistakes twice, got burnt twice.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
PSV was rather lucky to advance, but Monaco is also hardly as good as advertised over here. On paper, these teams aren’t that much apart. Monaco’s physical strenght and pace impressed me, but most Ligue 1 teams do. It’s something Dutch teams often miss.

PSV showed spirit and I think the home crowd was a big factor at that. Something Monaco absolutely missed in their Chernobil-atmosphere-like-stadium.

Luuk de Jong had the most typical Luuk de Jong game. Painfully slow, hard to watch, balls bouncing from his feet, yet had some crucial headers with an assist and game winning goal.

Cody Gakpo has yet to win me over. Right now he’s nothing more than a Ryan Babel 2.0 to me. He has to stand up in games like this, even though he was the only one trying things up front. It didn’t help Madueke was injured, though.

Sangaré is an absolute fine CDM. Just also an absolute black hole with the ball. He carries it way too much because they don’t really have a real playmaker.

I liked Veerman once again.

Reactions: les Habs and gary69

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Monaco isn't as good as advertised over here by whom?
I don't recall hyping Monaco AT ALL (nor anybody else). If anything, I expected them to crash.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
How can Shaktar play in CL when their whole town and region is under Russian control? They also lost many players because of this. If they draw out, what team will replace them?

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Sangare puts PSV ahead away against Rangers, after Gakpo corner drops to Sangare from Teze following a goalmouth scramble.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Sangare puts PSV ahead away against Rangers, after Gakpo corner drops to Sangare from Teze following a goalmouth scramble.
What a one-touch move and finish to tie it. Rangers look more competent than they did against the Belgian side.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Hard to understand how Benitez failed to catch and hold the ball from that free kick. Even if it has been raining a bit.
Yeah, that was a terrible mistake. He tried to catch it with his hands in front of his body. Still, getting out of Ibrox with a draw isn't the end of the world.

Reactions: ecemleafs

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Rangers keep playing above their level this year too, even though they changed half the starters. Loved their spirit throughout the game, PSV has the bigger names but I don't see them as favourites. I don't know why Ruud didn't make any changes, he had some good players on the bench. Also, Colak had to be shown a red card in one of the biggest mistakes I've ever seen VAR make. Can't wait for the return game, it it's half as good as tonight's.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Rangers keep playing above their level this year too, even though they changed half the starters. Loved their spirit throughout the game, PSV has the bigger names but I don't see them as favourites. I don't know why Ruud didn't make any changes, he had some good players on the bench. Also, Colak had to be shown a red card in one of the biggest mistakes I've ever seen VAR make. Can't wait for the return game, it it's half as good as tonight's.
Do you have a clip of the Colak incident? I must have missed it having the game on in the background.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Sorry I don't do Twitter. It was blatant though, and with the ball away. He slapped the back of the PSV defender s head

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona

Attachments

• 1_Colak-Ramalho.jpg
    1_Colak-Ramalho.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 10

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Watching the Rangers -v- PSV now... 30 min in pretty good so far.
Man those scots are wild about their fitbaw... great atmosphere.
add: And this is a two legger yeah? I love two leg matches =]

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Good first leg with the rangers - psv matched well against each other.

Now on to Copenhagen -v- Trabzonspor ... gotta watch'em quick before they get spoiled =]

Reactions: Ajacied

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad