GWT: UCL Matchweek 4 & 5

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Sevilla diving all over the place.
Only one yellow for simulation to show for it but it's absolutely crazy.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Not sure how much the edibles have to do with it, but this has turned into a fun game.

(don’t judge, I’m on vacation)

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Seems they thought it was offside and didn't play until the whistle.

Maguire played the offside poorly and couldn't get back with a long way to cover against a guy way faster than him. Bailly was playing like he was still part of a back 3 though and went way too high. De Gea basically stayed on his goal line and didn't bother moving out at all to try to make himself big until the last second, like he assumed Maguire would get there.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
McTominay should probably be subbed off. He's committed two fouls since his card and Atalanta have definitely shown they're willing to go down and scream when he's near to try to get him sent off.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I'm trying to think of a legitimately dangerous chance United have created outside of the goal and I'm coming up blank. Atalanta are defending well, but also United just aren't linking up well and aren't moving well enough to trouble the defenders consistently.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'm trying to think of a legitimately dangerous chance United have created outside of the goal and I'm coming up blank. Atalanta are defending well, but also United just aren't linking up well and aren't moving well enough to trouble the defenders consistently.
0 shots on target since the goal.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Regardless of the result here I'm glad that Conte didn't go to United. Atalanta aren't even a difficult team to break down. They want their opponent to attack them more and United just can't engage them.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yea I knew there were no shots, but I couldn't even think of something that was really dangerous but didn't result in a shot. Greenwood had the offside chance off the woodwork, but other than that I can't think of anything.

Greenwood blocked AWB's shot that was going in goal.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Regardless of the result here I'm glad that Conte didn't go to United. Atalanta aren't even a difficult team to break down. They want their opponent to attack them more and United just can't engage them.
Just wait. Our elite manager will one day turn this team around....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad