GWT: UCL Matchweek 4 & 5

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Wow, BLATANT penalty against Sevilla, like OBVIOUS. Not only did the ref not call it live, but VAR never called. AMAZING.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Wow, BLATANT penalty against Sevilla, like OBVIOUS. Not only did the ref not call it live, but VAR never called. AMAZING.

For some reason that seems to happen a lot in their favor. Like way more than any other team. Black magic or something.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Zapata causing major grief for United’s back line all game.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Oh, that's what the VAR review was. The Atalanta attacker was possibly screening De Gea. Would need to see a better angle to evaluate it, but either way De Gea should have easily stopped it and the goal is on him.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Bailly does have a habit of flailing arms when making challenges like that, so I was kinda nervous on that VAR review. The fact that the broadcast seems to hate showing replays or any input on what VAR is doing doesn't make it better.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Bailly does have a habit of flailing arms when making challenges like that, so I was kinda nervous on that VAR review. The fact that the broadcast seems to hate showing replays or any input on what VAR is doing doesn't make it better.

I think it's a UEFA guideline or something. Only show the replay after the decision.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I think it's a UEFA guideline or something. Only show the replay after the decision.

Yea as much hate as the PL gets for VAR, the UEFA process is far, far worse as a viewer.

The PL makes awful decisions, but in terms of understanding what's going on it's actually really good. Even when they're spending time drawing idiotic offside lines you at least know what they're doing instead of just watching everyone stand around picking their noses.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think it did hit his arm/shoulder, but the part of the arm it hit was directly in line with his body.

The fact that it took VAR more than 2 seconds to confirm that was a joke once you see the proper replays.
I think it did hit his arm/shoulder, but the part of the arm it hit was directly in line with his body.

The fact that it took VAR more than 2 seconds to confirm that was a joke once you see the proper replays.
Ahh. I’m watching at work so I didn’t get a great view of the replay.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Another pen should be called against Sevilla, but this time, VAR calls the ref.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad