Votes: 28 45.9%
  • Real Madrid

Votes: 33 54.1%

• Total voters

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
This is Oudea-Castera’s chief of staff. Left their post after a week. Wonder why?

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

I'd be interested to hear how many arrests there were of locals for this stuff. It sounds like a complete free-for-all of robbery and assault with impunity.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
So UEFA apologized to Liverpool and Madrid fans.
The obvious conclusion here is that someone in power thought this would be like Russia/England in 2018. And obviously they way overreacted.

Nothing happened when Liverpool played in Paris or in Marseille or the other two CL finals or Barcelona so I don’t know what they were thinking. Our fans are more of a risk at home games where they can throw stuff at other teams buses, they don’t want to attack other fans.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
The obvious conclusion here is that someone in power thought this would be like Russia/England in 2018. And obviously they way overreacted.

Nothing happened when Liverpool played in Paris or in Marseille or the other two CL finals or Barcelona so I don’t know what they were thinking. Our fans are more of a risk at home games where they can throw stuff at other teams buses, they don’t want to attack other fans.
That maybe explains the heavy handed policing and itchy tear gas fingers, but not so much the pitiful organization and robbery gauntlet for supporters. This was a very special level of screw up.

At the risk of rustling some jimmies, this was definitely worse than the Euro final in England on aggregate.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
That maybe explains the heavy handed policing and itchy tear gas fingers, but not so much the pitiful organization and robbery gauntlet for supporters. This was a very special level of screw up.

At the risk of rustling some jimmies, this was definitely worse than the Euro final in England on aggregate.

They were both terrible and if there'd be any justice in the world, both London and Paris would be banned from hosting finals for 10 years.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there

I'd be interested to hear how many arrests there were of locals for this stuff. It sounds like a complete free-for-all of robbery and assault with impunity.

Isn't Saint Denis the most violent ghetto in France and in whole Europe, so it shouldn't have come as a surprise to no-one. Well, maybe for the French police, politicians and UEFA.

"Saint-Denis is known for its crime, with high rates of robbery, drugs offences and murder. Saint-Denis also holds the record for the highest rate of violence in Europe (31.27 per thousand while the national average is 6 in France) "

Saint-Denis, Seine-Saint-Denis - Wikipedia

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Isn't Saint Denis the most violent ghetto in France and in whole Europe, so it shouldn't have come as a surprise to no-one. Well, maybe for the French police, politicians and UEFA.

"Saint-Denis is known for its crime, with high rates of robbery, drugs offences and murder. Saint-Denis also holds the record for the highest rate of violence in Europe (31.27 per thousand while the national average is 6 in France) "

Saint-Denis, Seine-Saint-Denis - Wikipedia

Yep. And there's countless fans of both teams saying it's a miracle none of the fans died after what they saw.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

There's too much in there to copy. This is absolutely crazy.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Most incompetent organisation in history of CL.

What a bunch of buffoon. I hope they sue them to the tooth, especially Darmanin and Oudéa-Castéra by making their false claim and daring to put the blame on the fans.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Someone has to point out the obvious here. Considering there was once a terror attack there I am absolutely stunned they would let that many people gather in one spot like that.

But they did say these kinds of crowds only happen because Liverpool fans faked tickets and clearly they lied and are wrong.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

Someone has to point out the obvious here. Considering there was once a terror attack there I am absolutely stunned they would let that many people gather in one spot like that.

But they did say these kinds of crowds only happen because Liverpool fans faked tickets and clearly they lied and are wrong.

Why has the french police not attacked the dangerous crowd yet?!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad