Votes: 28 45.9%
  • Real Madrid

Votes: 33 54.1%

• Total voters

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Amazing? I didn't see him on the Real goal and he also fumbled the ball on the play where Real scored from an offside position.
It was offsides. Who cares.

Anyway if I had to blame anyone for the Real goal, I would look was Robertson’s fault for badly misplaying Modric. Konate had a great game, surely not bad enough to assume Matip playing over him changes the result. The only thing that changes the result is Courtois not having the best game of his career.

Obviously it doesn’t matter but Madrid did nothing special that entire game except scoring their best chance. Which is great. That’s all you need sometimes. This was not a tactical masterclass from Ancelotti. Liverpool should have won. They got the chances that the needed to win. The difference in the game was only Courtois.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
It was offsides through a tortured reading of a rule, and only after the play was over. It’s fair to criticize someone’s play when they don’t know it was offside.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It was offsides through a tortured reading of a rule, and only after the play was over. It’s fair to criticize someone’s play when they don’t know it was offside.
Sure. But honestly I don’t think he did a whole lot wrong there either. Thought if anything Alisson would was in the wrong spot and took the ball off of him there. But again its Offsides Either way.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I was there, and this is a bold faced lie by the French officials.

Their time line is false and they keep changing their story.

Reactions: sabremike

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The Uvalde/Paris sister city program seems to be doing well.
No surprise with Darmanin, the rapist.
I mean I was there and 100% there were no where near ready to start the event at 13:00, which was when it was supposed to open. The first act (Anfield Wrap as mentioned in tweet) was supposed to go on at 13:15. The didn’t start until almost 14:00. The police did not let anyone through until about 13:20-13:30, which was done without incident.

None of what they are saying is true. They are trying to scapegoat the LFC fans for their infrastructure failings and people need to realize this. This is more important than tribalism/banter culture

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Erh, the fact you continue to ignore the Pool fans issue is also very concerning.
It seems that no Liverpool fan can admit some of their fans acted like shit.
So you're scapegoating just as much as the french government here.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Erh, the fact you continue to ignore the Pool fans issue is also very concerning.
It seems that no Liverpool fan can admit some of their fans acted like shit.
So you're scapegoating just as much as the french government here.
I am only commenting on what I saw. I think being there gives me some pretty good perspective, compared to people that weren’t there.

I am sure that there were some LFC fans that acted like shit but even so it’s not at the volume that the French officials are suggesting. Honestly, I feel that if number of LFC fans that the French officials are suggesting indeed acted poorly this would have been a lot worse and there probably would have been fatalities. People absolutely could have died here.

I do think the majority of the LFC fans were not trying to cause trouble. I think the French police followed a playbook from the 80s to combat hooliganism, but the majority of people were not hooligans.

Let’s see the evidence of the thousands of Liverpool fans acting poorly. We know that they didn’t show up late. We know there weren’t thousands of people crashing the party. We know that the ticket scanners at Stade de France did not work properly. We know fans were bottlenecked and tear gassed. What we haven’t seen is LFC fans unprovoked trying to start trouble. Let’s see it. And we know the French officials are lying and changing their stories. They are throwing shit on the wall and seeing what sticks.

Maybe there were fake tickets? But that happens at every major event. The outlier is the fans with tickets getting locked out and tear gassed because of it. We also know that the real tickets did not work either. So where are these numbers coming from?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No, you've been commenting on what went on at the stadium.
Heck, you even said the Pool fans littered the whole town because there was nowhere to throw their stuff.
I was in Paris less than 3 weeks ago and you had plenty of place to throw your trash other than on the streets or in the parks.
No argument about the french police, they started shit like they always do.
And if the government is really using numbers like 40k Pool fans without tickets a the stadium, they're obviously lying.
But that's not the only thing here.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
No, you've been commenting on what went on at the stadium.
Heck, you even said the Pool fans littered the whole town because there was nowhere to throw their stuff.
I was in Paris less than 3 weeks ago and you had plenty of place to throw your trash other than on the streets or in the parks.
No argument about the french police, they started shit like they always do.
And if the government is really using numbers like 40k Pool fans without tickets a the stadium, they're obviously lying.
But that's not the only thing here.
I’ve commented on fan zone primarily. Some on the stadium. Many at fan zone were getting live information from their friends at the stadium though. Was receiving a lot of that information in real time second hand. It’s not different with what everyone besides the French officials are stating.

Yes litter is bad but there was no where to put it. What can you do? At least some people tried to help at the fan zone with that but yeah it was bad albeit not exactly diabolical.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

The videos are out there. Spanish, english or french. Let's just believe the 'official' version and move on? Right...

All physical observers that were present there.
All witnesses with videos to corroborate the events.

Let me be clear, there are problematic english fans but to solely put to the blame on them and ignore the failure of the security/transportation is surreal and a big lie.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

The videos are out there. Spanish, english or french. Let's just believe the 'official' version and move on? Right...

All physical observers that were present there.
All witnesses with videos to corroborate the events.

Let me be clear, there are problematic english fans but to solely put to the blame on them and ignore the failure of the security/transportation is surreal and a big lie.

It's just the other way around.
You blame it solely on everyone but the Pool fans.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Not at all, never mentioned that.
Liverpool authorities (or english authorities) have also to review their traveling practice and how they handle their fans oversea but also their ticket practises. Which need to be revamped and adapted to the modern world.

That being, it was badly managed by all the people responsible but the french minister are only and solely putting blame on the english fans and their "history" their "hooligalism" and their false tickets and deflect all the blame on them. It is shocking and absurd.

The reality was VERY different as per many people that were present, it was very badly managed, regular fans with their children have been attacked and traumatized but that does not matter since their was no death and the game was played as per french authorities, so it was a success and they prevented another Heysel. Only a tap in the back, we avoided the worse, we are amazing.

I have never watched more french news and politician than now (and I just discovered a whole new universe of lies and complete deny of responsability). As for all the foreign viewers including me this is surreal. The dumb guy "Darmarin" even mentionned the last CL of Liverpool in Madrid which went very smoothly by the way and without any issues as an example or the bad behaviors of the liverpool fans (obvious lie).

No excuses were presented to the liverpool fans that were brutalized by police forces (especially young kids) or mugged by local petty criminals or denied acccess with legit tickets.

Everybody (neutral) that were present mentioned that actually the english fans present were very calm and acted examplary considering the circumpstances (bottleneck, no movement for hours, no water, no toilet, etc.) That the police wanted the confrotation and attacked promptly to create a complete chaos (apparently it is a very popular tactics to attack first and ask question later from Lallement)

Instead the next morning they double down on blaming the english fans. (And still do) never take any blame continue their lies and don't wait to have a independant audit of the event to make their own conclusion on the culprit. Vive la France.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You never mentionned that? Read your own posts. Or those of your fellow Pool fans. We even read that Pool fans leaving the town in a dire state with trash everywhere is because litters were removed.

You guys don't do it any differently than our asshole government : you blame others and defend your own.

Vive les Reds !

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona

The more videos I watch the more I think it was 10% Pool fans, 10% local fans and 80% police/organisation incompetence. And my first thought was also "English hooligans" because as a Barcelona dweller they're by far the worst tourists, but it seems it wasn't really the case this time.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The evil here is the French officials. They are the bad guys.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
You never mentionned that? Read your own posts. Or those of your fellow Pool fans. We even read that Pool fans leaving the town in a dire state with trash everywhere is because litters were removed.

You guys don't do it any differently than our asshole government : you blame others and defend your own.

Vive les Reds !
What you want me to tell you?
Obviously every fanbase have their bad apples and it's impossible to discredit all blame of the fans.

The problem I have and as mentionned by the french video that I shared to you is that the authorities instead of making sure that the flow of supporter and access to the stadium was optimized (ticket validation) and efficient they focused only on the "hooliganism" part and were more than ready about violent behaviors from the english fans. That mean that when the buffon Minister talk about the Liverpool fans (english fans) he already start with the premise that they are problematic and violent which is quite concerning if you want my opinion. It also seem like they are programmed from the 80s and not aware of the changed that happened since then.

Basically instead of facing the truth about the organisation deficiencies which were apparent of the event they shifted and only the blamed the english fans

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad