UBS Arena: Road Trippin'- Home Opener 11/20 vs. CGY

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
I don’t think Sea Biscuit was the same guy.

Yeah, PW mentioned NYIFC was a mod here when he got here, I don't remember either, but I don't think dead horse had anything to do with it. On a different note, I remember things being kind of bad around here what between the waterwing jerseys, arguing over Jeff Tambellini not being played, Ted Nolan, etc., but we once had the head Dolan conspiracy theorist extraordinaire as a mod?

State of Isles HF back then: "It's like we're getting killed out there."

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Yeah, PW mentioned NYIFC was a mod here when he got here, I don't remember either, but I don't think dead horse had anything to do with it. On a different note, I remember things being kind of bad around here what between the waterwing jerseys, arguing over Jeff Tambellini not being played, Ted Nolan, etc., but we once had the head Dolan conspiracy theorist extraordinaire as a mod?

Yeah this place was toxic landfill back around 2007.

Reactions: The Lighthouse

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
what's the first thing the first person does when he walks into UBS on the 20th of November?

SI

Feb 16, 2013

I remember those days - this is my second tour on HF - those days I mainly bounced between the Islandermania board and here.

Much better this time around

Reactions: The Lighthouse

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
In all seriousness I think a pond wouldn't be the worst idea. Since this is such a large development, making some small spaces for animal life isn't the worst thing. Pond attracts all sorts of other animal life including pollinators. Would be a classy, beautiful addition IMHO

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
In all seriousness I think a pond wouldn't be the worst idea. Since this is such a large development, making some small spaces for animal life isn't the worst thing. Pond attracts all sorts of other animal life including pollinators. Would be a classy, beautiful addition IMHO

rather sign a top 4 dman. I jest

SI

Feb 16, 2013

absolutely beautiful!

this is the best photo I’ve seen yet of the place.

That is half the Lanterns installed now.
These two sides are closer to the finish line, however they are less dynamic than the far two sides not seen that have the terrace and courtyard.

Last edited:

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut

absolutely beautiful!

this is the best photo I’ve seen yet of the place.

I'm sure the final product will look much better but to me this pic without the anticipated landscaping looks more like the now demolished Bronx House of Detention near the old Yankee Stadium.
Bronx-County-Jail2.jpg

Reactions: mm11

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Look skyward

Thank God

Thank the new ownership

Buy a hot dog and beer

Test the new cupholder at your seat

Warm up your voice for the National Anthem

Cheer the 7-1 win over Calgary

. . . I think that's the proper order

This may get me in trouble but I don't think God is watching hockey. Basketball maybe.
god-watches-a-flat-screen-tv-robert-mankoff.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TMI
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad