UBS Arena: Road Trippin'- Home Opener 11/20 vs. CGY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island

Drove by it yesterday and it is so much more beautiful in person. I almost teared up for 8 seconds I saw it as I drove by on the cross Island.

When I heard the 13 games to open the season on the road I wasn't happy but actually looking at that trip it isn't all that awful. The roughest part is the first 6 games but CAR/FLA, CLB/CHI and ARZ/VGK are all somewhat close back to back games. Then its the break... Montreal is a weird addition but they stay in canada fly to winnipeg have day off play the jets take a quick trip to Minny.. After that they're pretty much home free 1 game in 7 days and it's an "away" game in jersey.. Down to Florida for a back to back then home.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
My guess -

by the end of August -
  • Seats and railing all in place.

• Scoreboard hung

• Arena screens and lights mounted
  • All glass placed on the exterior
  • 3/4’s of the lanterns installed
end of September
  • Ice and boards up
  • Locker room and suites finished
  • All lanterns placed
  • UBS insignia painted on Arena roof
  • Exterior grounds treated

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Well -- had the tour yesterday -- some pics below. Whatever you are imagining, its far better.

I nearly wept.

There is nothing of interest around the arena. Cross Island and Belmont Park (horse track) take up the West and North sides. South side is Route 24 which is littered with traffic, awful chain and convenience stores. So I think you're going to eat before you get into the area, or pay and spend your money at the "arena". Certainly a hero, beer, and some hockey sticks in the parking lot would be an angle Id look at too.

The area south of 24 will be the future parking garage for STH and the shopping area which apparently will house high end retail shops.. bars/restaurants -- so maybe some better hang out places when those are complete in a couple of years. They are concentrating on getting the arena done, of course. My tour was 4:30 on Saturday and there was not one worker to be found. The guide did say there are 800 workers on site daily and soon to be over a thousand in the final push to get this place done. Gentlemen, its f***ing beautiful.

The outside part is going to be a huge party zone -- they made a special mention that everything inside the green fencing (which you cant see from the pics) is within their liquor license, so expect some pregame fun outside. There is an outdoor upper level terrace (two of them, I only saw one) which overlooks the party zone in the northeast corner. The main lobby/entrance is epic. Massive TV's show you the action as you are walking through the concourse. 8 bars overlook the ice. And of course, grabbed a pic of the upper level Cupholders. THANK YOU LEDECKY!!! LOL

The picture which is sideways -- you can see how the seating in the suites, are un-covered and right out in the crowd!!!

Enjoy!!!

main entry.jpg
100'long.jpg
arena.jpg
concoursetv.jpg
cupholdersupper.jpg
int full.jpg
luxview.jpg
main entry2.jpg
outdoor 2nd floor hang.jpg
outoodrhang.jpg

Last edited:

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
My guess -

by the end of August -
  • Seats and railing all in place.

• Scoreboard hung

• Arena screens and lights mounted
  • All glass placed on the exterior
  • 3/4’s of the lanterns installed
end of September
  • Ice and boards up
  • Locker room and suites finished
  • All lanterns placed
  • UBS insignia painted on Arena roof
  • Exterior grounds treated

End of November: Lou will announce this off season’s moves

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Delaware North = BOSTON BRUINS.

In 5 years we’re going to be forced out and the Bruins are going to rent the building out to the Rags because Dolan.
It’s all part of the plan. In all seriousness that press release specifically mentions Jeff Wilpon so we’re totally f***ed.

Reactions: bigtim1988 and MJF

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Delaware North = BOSTON BRUINS.

In 5 years we’re going to be forced out and the Bruins are going to rent the building out to the Rags because Dolan.
We'd be locally-sourced food and beverage self-sufficient if we did the farm incubator instead of the retail village.

"These french fries are great, although in addition to the potato, salt and oil flavors I'm picking up a delicately complex hint of Cross Island exhaust undertones."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad