UBS Arena: Lower the Roof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
And it'll take 2 hours to get out of those parking lots.

Be strong.

LIRR aint looking that bad.....
lol im in brooklyn. i actually liked going to barclays for games lmfao but the arena was clearly not made for the isles

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
STH - Park in STM parking garage, with a unispan type thing over Rte 24.
Non STH scum park in the North lot, walking or disneyworld type shuttle over to the arena.

View attachment 450052

Having moved to CT years ago, being a STH isn't happening for me. With Belmont being a bit closer, I should make it down for a few games.

If I buy your seat for a game, I promise not to soil it. Well, probably.

Been called worse btw.

Reactions: Bones45

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Having moved to CT years ago, being a STH isn't happening for me. With Belmont being a bit closer, I should make it down for a few games.

If I buy your seat for a game, I promise not to soil it. Well, probably.

Been called worse btw.

destroy the cupholders at foot level at my seats, and Ill give ya a free game. :)

Reactions: The Real JT

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Allegedly there is going to be a winterized walkway from the LIRR station on the main line to the arena.

Shuttle Buses/Entertainment Walkway/Plaza:
Once fans arrive at the new Elmont Station, they can either take electric shuttle buses over to UBS Arena or they can take an approximate ten-minute walk via a covered entertainment walkway wired for sound that will connect the Elmont Station with the plaza at the arena.

“If it’s an Islanders game, you’ll hear pre-game and post-game,” said Leiweke. “If it’s a concert, we’ll tap into music of the radio station for that artist. We’ll make that an adventure. It’s 9 minutes and 40 seconds from the Long Island Railroad station to right here.”

The plaza connecting UBS Arena to the covered entertainment walkway will be extended and there will be space for 5,000 people on Islanders gamedays for pre-game and post-game events as well as for other shows at the arena and events that take place at Belmont Park.

“This is a great activation campus for both us and Belmont Park,” said Leiweke. “It’s a good covered walk (from the new LIRR station) and we’re trying to think through how we can connect the whole campus so we can access all the parking, but we think twenty to thirty percent of our fans for music and for Islanders games will come from Long Island Railroad.”

What Islanders Fans Need To Know About Parking And The LIRR At UBS Arena - NY Sports Day

Reactions: MJF

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Have they held the lottery yet for the shopping-cart-hibachi-pretzel vendor license in the covered entertainment walkway? That would be a gold mine with a 10 minute walk.

Reactions: PK Cronin

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
Can’t wait for the arena. Looks great! I wonder if you’ll be able to walk in from Elmont Station… like if you live nearby or have friends who’ll let you park in Bellerose or Floral Park then that would be excellent.

Reactions: ShiroganeKvasha30

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Definitely a positive, but a covered walk is not a fully-enclosed walk. Will still be a very cold 10 minutes during the winter.

Not necessarily, you can build a heating system into the cover that makes a significant difference

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Interesting about Bridgeport. Heard that place is nice, though small. I just hope that the road swing doesn't have to be too long, although the guys do fine on the road anyway.

Could be the reluctance to even do a preseason game at the Coliseum is due to the uncertainty of whether the current operator even wants to have the building open while he decides what is going to happen to the building - likely will be downsized again.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Interesting about Bridgeport. Heard that place is nice, though small. I just hope that the road swing doesn't have to be too long, although the guys do fine on the road anyway.

Could be the reluctance to even do a preseason game at the Coliseum is due to the uncertainty of whether the current operator even wants to have the building open while he decides what is going to happen to the building - likely will be downsized again.
If we put UBS Arena on LTIR for the entire regular season, can all of our playoff games be home games?

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
Visiting players always bitched about the Uniondale Marriott.

Where are the Islanders going to stay near Bridgeport for training camp? Bridgeport is Hempstead-on-the-Sound.

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
We'll open Seattle, a 10 day western Canada swing, come "home" then be finished with MSG, Prudential Center, and Wells Fargo Center before we play a home game :laugh:

Given that I now work days, hopefully I can see the Isles at Rogers Arena in the fall, if the NHL decides Isles will go on a western Canada swing before UBS Arena opens.

STH - Park in STM parking garage, with a unispan type thing over Rte 24.
Non STH scum park in the North lot, walking or disneyworld type shuttle over to the arena.

View attachment 450052

Do you know how often the shuttle buses will run for those who park on the north lot/LIRR riders who get off at Elmont station? I felt parking on the south side would be difficult but it sounds like I have to park on the North Lot for an Isles home game.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Visiting players always bitched about the Uniondale Marriott.

Where are the Islanders going to stay near Bridgeport for training camp? Bridgeport is Hempstead-on-the-Sound.

Its preseason - -bus in and bus out -- aint nobody wanna hang around Bridgeport...

And @Steve55 no clue -- any info I get Ill share...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad