UBS Arena: Lower the Roof

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I’m more of a modern minimalistic architecture kind of guy. But I 1000% commend their choice to tie into the existing Belmont esthetics.

Actual bricks are awesome. Is that greenish slate in the top of the building marble?

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I just hope this arena maintains the same loudness nassau did. thats all. they also took the same route as the wings new place while the arena's lower bowl looks like vegas. I have faith in it being similar to the barn

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
Are we starting the season for a month on the road, OR since this season is ending later than usual, is next season beginning a little later than usual?

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
My other thought is if this arena also be received well in terms of travel and even location.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
My other thought is if this arena also be received well in terms of travel and even location.
I forgot to mention that the hotel is being built directly across from the main entrance plaza and that restaurant. Supposed to be high end.

They’ve also begun construction on the retail village and the parking garage on the opposite side of the turnpike.

Reactions: ShiroganeKvasha30

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
I like that both concourses look very spacious. Being able to freely move through the concourse even during a full arena will be a new experience.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I forgot to mention that the hotel is being built directly across from the main entrance plaza and that restaurant. Supposed to be high end.

They’ve also begun construction on the retail village and the parking garage on the opposite side of the turnpike.
wow. thats very nice. also a parking garage is great

nyisleslover

Jun 20, 2018
Albany, NY
Copper? Looks sweet with the brick. Also like the two tone green brick. Classy looking building.

Will unfortunately make the time honored tradition of conceiving children in the car lot slightly more awkward. :sarcasm:

Fans can just take a "roll in the hay" at the racetrack before heading over to the Isles game.

Reactions: oknazevad

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I have a feeling the team will have to schedule a crazy month long road trip to start the season to be safe. It would suck for the boys, but that would also mean the team would be home a ton in the 2nd half of the season. They could roar into the playoffs.

Just thinking out loud.
We'll open Seattle, a 10 day western Canada swing, come "home" then be finished with MSG, Prudential Center, and Wells Fargo Center before we play a home game :laugh:

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Complete speculation on my part, but I would bet that the delays have to do with building material back orders or shortage of supply. There are too many random things missing around the arena that would be installed if they had it on hand.

WagnerGrad96

Mar 30, 2016
West Islip, New York
Is the LIRR station going to be ready for the first game?

I plan to take the train to games. It will be on the Ronkonkoma line, but there's a spur from Babylon to that line, so I hope they run a few trains from Babylon too.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A

I plan to take the train to games. It will be on the Ronkonkoma line, but there's a spur from Babylon to that line, so I hope they run a few trains from Babylon too.

Youll need to get to Jamaica and take the train back to Belmont for the first couple of years. There is a project to allow for direct LIRR trains from the east, but that is quite a bit away if IRC.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Youll need to get to Jamaica and take the train back to Belmont for the first couple of years. There is a project to allow for direct LIRR trains from the east, but that is quite a bit away if IRC.

Yeah, trains from the East will be available in 2022 according to this page, although you'll be able to get back East after the game:
The Elmont Station will be a permanent stop on the Long Island Rail Road’s mainline between the Queens Village and Bellerose stations. It will be an added option to the current LIRR station at Belmont Park that has only been used on days when there has been racing.
“The existing train station will be active going back to Jamaica from the day we open so we’ll actually have two train stations working at the same time,” said Michael Sciortino, Senior Vice-President Operations and Assistant General Manager of UBS Arena.
Here are some important things for fans to know about the new LIRR station for the Islanders’ first season at UBS Arena:
*The new station will have two platforms running east and west but only one platform will be completed for the 2021-22 season. The eastbound platform is expected to be ready for opening night this fall while the westbound platform is scheduled to be finished at the end of 2022.
*For the first season at UBS Arena Islanders fans coming from East of the Elmont station will have to get off at Jamaica and transfer to the train that will arrive at the existing LIRR station right next to the arena and Belmont Park. Coming back east, you’ll be able to take the mainline train from the Elmont station.
*Fans from the west including Penn Station in New York City will be able to take an eastbound train to the new Elmont Station before games. After games, fans going back west will have to get on a train at the existing Belmont Park LIRR station and then transfer at Jamaica.

What Islanders Fans Need To Know About Parking And The LIRR At UBS Arena - NY Sports Day

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A

STH - Park in STM parking garage, with a unispan type thing over Rte 24.
Non STH scum park in the North lot, walking or disneyworld type shuttle over to the arena.

Belmont.png

Reactions: MJF

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Wow. That Elmont station is a bit of a walk from the arena, eh? The existing Belmont park station is right there. Interesting.
I've seen renderings that include a shuttle bus pickup/dropoff area in the north lot near the Elmont station. You get on a bus just below the "LIRR" in the above rendering, and you're dropped off at the "rideshare" area near the arena.

The Belmont Park station is a "you can't get there from here" situation from the east.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad