Not open for further replies.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Reactions: MJF

Bry705

Jan 28, 2018
That article got me pumped, cannot wait to get there next season. Ledecky and Malkin compliment each other so well and a godsend for this team. What they have managed to do in such a sort time is nothing short of amazing.

Reactions: Lek and MJF

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Can't wait for the blowback on this when parking ain't your walk from the college 'value': With the arena owners controlling the parking for 5,500 cars on site, the $140 million parking experience means fans aren’t wandering neighborhoods looking for a spot.

Pony up $15-30 per spot kids...

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Reactions: doublechili

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Can't wait for the blowback on this when parking ain't your walk from the college 'value': With the arena owners controlling the parking for 5,500 cars on site, the $140 million parking experience means fans aren’t wandering neighborhoods looking for a spot.

I plan on using the LIRR

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC

200.gif

Reactions: Throttle

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

It's $25 at the Coliseum for the regular season ($20 for advanced purchase). I'm thinking $35-40 for parking at UBS.

May as well Uber it there. I'm sure there will be promotions with a ride share service that will offer discounts.

Reactions: The Lighthouse

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
After reading this article I’m ready for the move to UBS Arena right now.
Hockey-Specific UBS Arena Merges Bowl Intimacy With Meaningful Experiences
This is my favorite part:

"The Islanders ... will now have the league’s first hockey-specific arena design, the owners say. With a ceiling height of just 93 feet—three feet higher than Nassau—coupled with an uninterrupted lower bowl as steep as modern codes allow, the entire 17,500-seat arena pushes every seat closer to the ice."

Reactions: Lek and MJF

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

"The Islanders ... will now have the league’s first hockey-specific arena design, the owners say. With a ceiling height of just 93 feet—three feet higher than Nassau—coupled with an uninterrupted lower bowl as steep as modern codes allow, the entire 17,500-seat arena pushes every seat closer to the ice."

It was nice while it lasted. Tear that bitch down and start over.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
That gives me an idea. Ride a horse to the game. Tie it up in the paddock area for free and it's a short walk to the arena. No one would suspect a thing.
Maybe I can get John Velazquez to ride him in the last race of the day. Maybe he wins money and I can pay for the season tickets.

Reactions: doublechili

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I have a lot of fond memories going to the Coliseum with my family, especially my dad and brother. It's really disappointing I wasn't able to bring my daughter to the Coliseum this year because of COVID, it would've been once last memory for me there and her first hockey game. I can't wait to be able to create new memories and traditions with her at Belmont though. Hopefully they don't price me out. :laugh:

Reactions: SI90

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020

The Shark Tank is 117 feet according to this, but that seems to be the exterior height. SAP Center at San Jose The Shark Tank reminds me of a modern mash up between Commack and NVMC. An excellent place to watch a game when the Sharks are good.

Wondering whether they (Isles) are citing the internal height or external height of the entire building...

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I have a lot of fond memories going to the Coliseum with my family, especially my dad and brother. It's really disappointing I wasn't able to bring my daughter to the Coliseum this year because of COVID, it would've been once last memory for me there and her first hockey game. I can't wait to be able to create new memories and traditions with her at Belmont though. Hopefully they don't price me out. :laugh:
Wow my younger daughter is nine months old and it didn’t even hit me until I just read your post that I’ll never be able to take her to a game at the Coliseum . I’m sure the Bridgeport islanders will eventually move there in the next 10 years LOL

Reactions: PK Cronin

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Wow my younger daughter is nine months old and it didn’t even hit me until I just read your post that I’ll never be able to take her to a game at the Coliseum . I’m sure the Bridgeport islanders will eventually move there in the next 10 years LOL

Yeah, I've been excited to get her to a game and I thought she was finally old enough this season but COVID made that nearly impossible (traveling, the requirements to get in, the lack of tickets, and a 3 year old wearing a mask for 3 hours just wasn't going to happen - plus, I want her first experience to be a great atmosphere). My good memories are almost entirely about how much I love the game, the Islanders, and mostly sharing experiences with the people I went with, not necessarily how good the teams were (because they've sucked pretty much my entire life). Hopefully Belmont provides the next generation of fans the opportunity to fall in love with the game the way I did, but with a little more winning mixed in there. :laugh:

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Love that they concentrated on keeping the roof low and having it as intimate as the coliseum.

I still cannot get over how little seating there is above the lowest level, not sure I know of any other arena like that

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I still cannot get over how little seating there is above the lowest level, not sure I know of any other arena like that
I’m guessing they did that with sight lines in mind. Remember high up in the Coli you can’t see the scoreboard.
That’s just a guess. Also, could be financial strategy. More 100’s and 200’s seating is more money per ticket.

Reactions: MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
That’s just a guess. Also, could be financial strategy. More 100’s and 200’s seating is more money per ticket.
Bingo.

Look at most of the newer arenas today. They have lower bowls that have as much as 32 rows of seats paying lower bowl prices.

Same thing with new baseball stadiums. Majority of the seats are on the lower levels where the teams can charge the most money for tickets.

Reactions: SI90

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
I am pumped for this new arena. My question is I wonder if they plan on installing a drop ceiling or is the roof going to be visible through the I beams? They say it is going to have a low ceiling but the actual roof is pretty high so I am guessing they are going to install an interior ceiling that will enhance the crowd noise and block the view of the roof.
Yes. A drop ceiling. My basement guys are doing it. Along with hi-hat lighting.

lol was that serious?

Reactions: eoin92 and Throttle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad