Prospect Info: U18 WJC

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Interesting stat... did not realize this. Kid does have a nice shot, though,

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020

I haven't watched any full WJC 18 games yet but the clips I'm seeing make me really like this kid. Righty or not.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
And not to be outdone Bedard just had a 5 point game in the quartefinal elimination game.

Detroit has got to get one of these players.

FrolundaRedWings

Feb 27, 2017
Edvinsson and Lysell impressed me tonight vs the US. Wouldn't be mad if Hakan and Steve choose either of them with our first pick.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I have a feeling Samu Salminen is going to get drafted way higher than where he came in at in Bob's recent ranking. I could see him creeping into round 1, like we saw with Henrik Borgstrom a few years ago. There are not a lot of center prospects with his combo of size and skill.

If not, I would be all over taking him in round 2-3.

Last edited:

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Rosen continues to stick out in a very good way. I think I actually like him more than Lysell. He is probably off the board by the time we get to the Washington pick, but I could easily get behind using that pick on him.

I am not sure I want anything off of the US roster except for Hughes.

I need to watch more of the Finns

Reactions: Frk It

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Really? I would take Ty Gallagher in the later rounds just off his shot alone, lol.

I haven't really liked the forwards. I was hoping to like Dylan Duke more than I have. What are your thoughts on Pastujov?

Slim

Nov 2, 2014
Up north
Rosen continues to stick out in a very good way. I think I actually like him more than Lysell. He is probably off the board by the time we get to the Washington pick, but I could easily get behind using that pick on him.

I need to watch more of the Finns

Although Lysell looked decent and scored two goals against the US, I feel I remain quite sceptical to him. I agree with you on Rosen.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Really? I would take Ty Gallagher in the later rounds just off his shot alone, lol.

I haven't really liked the forwards. I was hoping to like Dylan Duke more than I have. What are your thoughts on Pastujov?

In a literal sense, probably not. I would take some of these guys (like the Martin kid) at some point, but I probably wouldn't take them as high as they will go. I would take Pastujov for example, but probably not before the third round and I expect someone to take him in the second. I just think this is a really sad NDTP team in terms of NHL talent.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I have a feeling Samu Salminen is going to get drafted way higher than where he came in at in Bob's recent ranking. I could see him creeping into round 1, like we saw with Henrik Borgstrom a few years ago. There are not a lot of center prospects with his combo of size and skill.

If not, I would be all over taking him in round 2-3.

What do you think about using the Washington pick on him? He is a good combo of size and skill and I do think he projects well in the middle. Skating isn't awful either.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
What do you think about using the Washington pick on him? He is a good combo of size and skill and I do think he projects well in the middle. Skating isn't awful either.

I have seen enough to say I am intrigued and think with some development you could have something there.

After Beniers, I don’t know there are any real standouts in that next group of centers. I like the kids from the Q, but I’m not sure how much offense is there. I like Sillinger and Pinelli, but after that it’s a mixed bag for me.

I would be happy taking him with the Washington pick.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I have seen enough to say I am intrigued and think with some development you could have something there.

After Beniers, I don’t know there are any real standouts in that next group of centers. I like the kids from the Q, but I’m not sure how much offense is there. I like Sillinger and Pinelli, but after that it’s a mixed bag for me.

I would be happy taking him with the Washington pick.
Svechkov?

Reactions: alexislafreniere

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Crap.... was hoping for him in round 2. Maybe we look at him with our Washington pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,800.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Austria vs Norway
    Austria vs Norway
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $245.00