GDT: U18 WJC - Group A: Canada vs Finland

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
No idea for him to play, he would completely wreck this tournament. Better to rest and play men's games.
Ye it is a shame though as was really looking forward to seeing him play.

Looks like all eyes will be on Hughes then for this tournament.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
No idea for him to play, he would completely wreck this tournament. Better to rest and play men's games.
That's not a good attitude. Many players have wrecked this tournament. If he wrecks the tournament, Finland could well win gold, which is a very good reason to play. I'm certainly not happy about it, still. It comparatively is such a waste of time playing low-end EHT matches with a Liiga squad.

Reactions: Keke and Pardus

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
That's not a good attitude. Many players have wrecked this tournament. If he wrecks the tournament, Finland could well win gold, which is a very good reason to play. I'm certainly not happy about it, still. It comparatively is such a waste of time playing low-end EHT matches with a Liiga squad.
Finland has the talent to win anyway

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Correction: he wants to play in the men's tournament.
True but with how things are looking with our roster he's pretty much a lock anyways.

And remember, Kakko already has a gold medal from U-18s from last spring. If this was not the case, maybe he would himself prefer to play here.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Finland has the talent to win anyway
So does USA but you don't see Hughes skipping.
And remember, Kakko already has a gold medal from U-18s from last spring. If this was not the case, maybe he would himself prefer to play here.
Ah yes, winning for oneself rather than the nation. One would imagine 2 golds would be nicer to have than 1, anyway.

Well, Finland's lines came out and I'm really not very happy with Aatu Räty on the 3rd line. That line's nice and all but IMO it's a waste to not have him higher.

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
So does USA but you don't see Hughes skipping.Ah yes, winning for oneself rather than the nation. One would imagine 2 golds would be nicer to have than 1, anyway.

Well, Finland's lines came out and I'm really not very happy with Aatu Räty on the 3rd line. That line's nice and all but IMO it's a waste to not have him higher.
Hughes is obviously not skipping because he’s played with thid group for two years, otherwise I think he would as well

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Hughes is obviously not skipping because he’s played with thid group for two years, otherwise I think he would as well
Hughes isn't skipping because for the U18s they just bring over the NTDP team as-is. There's no selection process, they just cart over the entire team. Since he's on it, it would be really strange for him to not go. This is basically part of their season.

Reactions: JayF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad