U18 Discussion Thread

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Turvoote's assist was grade A...his goal was grade A...maybe still not 100%but he was a lot better than Generational Jack who looks tiny ...somehow even tinier than Caufield ..do not know how that is but that is how it looks. . looks small and not weight. ..somehow Caufield looks "bigger" ...maybe optical illusion unless Caufield has grown or may be added weight.. it Jack looked meh and tiny ..

Impressed by Caufield obviously ...gets to open spots and fires a lot of shots ...Boldy had a terrific game =looked pro "ready"...very smooth...got to pucks. ..made plays..smart...he looked "comfortable" in what he can do.

Knight was very good...York impressed..

Who impressed least?Generational Jack!

So we have today 2 of the highest rated players and Centers in this draft who frankly did not much to impress anyone in their opening games..

Cozens zero points...Generational Jack 1 measly assist wich was a rebound that Turcotte got and put in with his grade A shot ...so Jack failed to beat a goalie point blank. ..again...but Turcotte showed on his shot why he can beat goalies.

Looks like the expert scouts and pundits who rank all blew a tire today ...their glitter guys Hughes and Cozens were underwhelming ...

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Turvoote's assist was grade A...his goal was grade A...maybe still not 100%but he was a lot better than Generational Jack who looks tiny ...somehow even tinier than Caufield ..do not know how that is but that is how it looks. . looks small and not weight. ..somehow Caufield looks "bigger" ...maybe optical illusion unless Caufield has grown or may be added weight.. it Jack looked meh and tiny ..

Impressed by Caufield obviously ...gets to open spots and fires a lot of shots ...Boldy had a terrific game =looked pro "ready"...very smooth...got to pucks. ..made plays..smart...he looked "comfortable" in what he can do.

So we have today 2 of the highest rated players and Centers in this draft who frankly did not much to impress anyone in their opening games..

Cozens zero points...Generational Jack 1 measly assist wich was a rebound that Turcotte got and put in with his grade A shot ...so Jack failed to beat a goalie point blank. ..again...but Turcotte showed on his shot why he can beat goalies.

Looks like the expert scouts and pundits who rank all blew a tire today ...their glitter guys Hughes and Cozens were underwhelming ...

If the Hawks were to grab a late first, who would you target in the mid 20's? Knight? Or would he be gone for then?

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019

I’ve heard heavy drug use has that kind of side effect.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Caufield carrying this season's "Draft the Little Guy Who Fills the ****ing Net" torch.
live look in as Caufield takes the puck up the ice....

tumblr_pq6cthBQ8O1xkok61o1_540.jpg

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
there are some that think York might creep into the top 10...I dunno...he very well could
It's been a long time since there has been only a single defenseman drafted in the top 10. Bad teams are usually (but not always) bad because of their defense, so GMs have a habit of reaching a bit to get someone they feel can make a difference.

Wouldn't be surprised if one of York or Soderstrom found their way into the top 10.

JLarucci23

May 22, 2015
Chicago, IL
Could be the booze in me, but beside Caufield, I thought Turcotte looked like the best player on the ice. You can tell he’s got very good skating ability, he thinks the game at a top level, creative with the puck and has a nice scoring touch. Boldly had a few forced passes in the first but settled in nicely. Also made some nice defensive plays. Jack was just okay to me. You can tell the kid has skill, but to me he seemed uncomfortable out there and was trying to do to much. Just my uninformed opinion tho.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
These Cozens reports might have me changing my mind on him. I’m one of the ones that was high on him and defending him when people would blast his hockey sense. It’s early still, but he might be proving me wrong. Also why isn’t Dach on Team Canada? This is the kind of tournament that could really raise his draft stock.

Edit: Dach declined due to an injury he sustained in the WHL playoffs.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Caufield is had a hell of a game. wow, he raised his stock.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad