U18 Discussion Thread

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
He plays in the Q so he's used to having less space and it's never been an issue.

The Q is a pretty bad defensive league. I would say the worst of the three CHL leagues. I am not bashing him so you can back up but it is a legit concern like it is with most players like him. The skill and ability is obvious.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
The Q is a pretty bad defensive league. I would say the worst of the three CHL leagues. I am not bashing him so you can back up but it is a legit concern like it is with most players like him. The skill and ability is obvious.
For me he's a lot like Marchand and Gallagher. The concern is valid, but I see him being like those guys.

Reactions: TPOEJ6489

ChicagoHockeyFan

Mar 3, 2019
Beecher scores now, I’ve been impressed with him. I saw USNDTP play live and Beecher stood out to me then. He could be a solid 4th rounder

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
He doesn't have that kind of bite as a pest but I assume you are talking style.
Yeah that 2 way style that Marchand has and what Gallagher does where he scores from dirty areas and parks himself in front of the net.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Just before that Pelletier sets up Harley with a wide open net but he f***s up. Regardless, Pelletier's play led to Newhook's goal.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Too hard to predict some 3rd or 4th round picks, we got wise in the third round last year when he was supposed to go way before then. I would be ok with him in the third round also
if Beecher makes it out of the second round, Bowman better hit the phones and get an early third..I would be shocked honestly, as Wise had injury concerns which dropped him, Beecher has just been a solid soldier on a deep ass team..David Backes lite..

Reactions: ChicagoHockeyFan

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I’m not sure if he is dumb or not but certainly hasn’t stood like others have. Rees plays a lot like Marchand
He just never seems to make the right decisions. Also he has a great shot, why doesn't he shoot? It was giving me Schmaltz flashbacks...

Rees and Holloway have been the surprises for me. I know people really like Rees and Holloway is a projected 1st round pick next year, but they've both stood out more than I would've expected.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
No goal. Bull**** call. Puck crossed the line. Pelletier should've had an assist for making that whole play happen.

You love him don’t you lol?

He’s a good player, wish we had a late 1st too so we could take him.

Honestly he might go even earlier than that. I bet Tampa takes him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad