U18: U18 day 5!

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Wouldn’t surprise me if Germany doesn’t bring Niehus to upcoming tournaments after this preformance.

He is now second all time with 54 PIMs. In one tournament and cost us any chance at winning the game.

Philippe Seydoux holds the record with 68.

• Wow
Reactions: Chainshot

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
German hockey stinks. They've seemed like the ideal country to make a jump(big population, rich country, good sporting tradition and a good pro league to feed into/sponsor minor teams), and they have in small numbers (with players like Drais and Seider coming along) but I'd like to see some depth come through there. I dunno if it's just a popularity problem but they aren't getting the kind of players they need to in order to be more competitive.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
1682363996833.png

Slovaks on a collision course with Finland if I had to guess.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I still think Czechia can steal a win from Canada, they are playable.
They get better with every game and are slow starters. If we had them first, maybe. Game 4 - ouch! I look forward to it more than I do the US quarter...

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
I still think Czechia can steal a win from Canada, they are playable.
Yeah problem is that we have no forwards no offense except for Sale and he is not a goalscorer so we´re fd. I am also getting lower and lower on Sale, he is skilled but he is a floater, his compete scares me...

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
German hockey stinks. They've seemed like the ideal country to make a jump(big population, rich country, good sporting tradition and a good pro league to feed into/sponsor minor teams), and they have in small numbers (with players like Drais and Seider coming along) but I'd like to see some depth come through there. I dunno if it's just a popularity problem but they aren't getting the kind of players they need to in order to be more competitive.
You are overacting. Yes they are not on same level as Canada, USA, Finland, Russia and Czechs/slovaks, but they are still good and a top notch above the likes of Sweden, Switzerland, Latvia etc.

flemo

Jan 7, 2010
Absolutely. He was so dangerous on the breakaways which he basically created for himself out of nothing with his superb acceleration. Any chance he gets drafted?
Still I'm not sure, if he was so quick or D were so slow. Probably both.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
You are overacting. Yes they are not on same level as Canada, USA, Finland, Russia and Czechs/slovaks, but they are still good and a top notch above the likes of Sweden, Switzerland, Latvia etc.
You dry-humored Scandinavians are amusing (definitely missed this on the initial glance)

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad