U17: 2014 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge — Nov. 2-8

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
Can anyone give me insight on USA Forward Riley Tufte? Saw the USA game on TSN yesterday and he was the one guy who stood out to me.

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
Can anyone give me insight on USA Forward Riley Tufte? Saw the USA game on TSN yesterday and he was the one guy who stood out to me.

Plays high school hockey in Minnesota. He is a fill in with Yammamoto because of two injuries up front. Big body, decent skater, probably needs to improve in his skating along with his puckhandling but he has held his own out there. So these past 4 games has also been the first time I have seen him with the Dev. programs U17 group this year.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
USA is just smothering the Russians right now any time they get the puck.

I wonder if it's nerves or an ice issue but there's been a ton of blown tires so far on both sides.

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
USA needs to get more pucks to the net with their turnovers. I think a few times they looked to long for a pass or a wraparound when a hard low shot followed with some traffic would have been better.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
When USA got scored on, too much passing just gotta get the puck out of your zone because Russia is a strong team and will usually score on big mistakes.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Russia is looking really good right now. If the US team can't figure out a way to match their intensity and make something happen quick the game could get away from them.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Russia is playing a very cohesive game right now. Once they got their first PP it seemed like their game clicked. Abramov is very impressive. Sokolov has been invisible.

Americans are playing awful (a lot of credit due to the Russians) and frustrated. Too much dangling, over passing and nonchalance with the puck. They'd do well to see the simple game the Russians have played and follow suit.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
USA hasn't been bad but Russia is just playing better offensively and defensively, they aren't making flashy plays but they're keeping USA to the outside, goalie makes the save. After the 2-0 goal, Russia isn't letting USA get any big plays offensively.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Russian coaches obliviously watched the tapes of the American games.

Have to give Russia credit for the way they're playing but this game is far from over.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00