U-20 Summer Showcase 7-28/8-4

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
First period over. 3-1 Sweden.

First goal coming 18 seconds in wasn't exactly the start Primeau was looking for. Nice breakaway goal, but as a starting goalie, you want to make that first big save at the very start of the game. He didn't do it.

The second goal, I don't blame him. The shot was redirected by his defenseman as Primeau was in position to stop that first shot. But the puck ended up going off his defenseman and right on a perfect spot for the rebound on an open net.

The third goal was a beauty snipe by Lundestrom using the US defenseman as a screen.

Reactions: Acadien86

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
J. Hughes looks great. How is he projecting? P. Kane not so light? Not great at projections. He doesn't seem generational but at least a PPG player maybe a bit better?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
First period over. 3-1 Sweden.

First goal coming 18 seconds in wasn't exactly the start Primeau was looking for. Nice breakaway goal, but as a starting goalie, you want to make that first big save at the very start of the game. He didn't do it.

The second goal, I don't blame him. The shot was redirected by his defenseman as Primeau was in position to stop that first shot. But the puck ended up going off his defenseman and right on a perfect spot for the rebound on an open net.

The third goal was a beauty snipe by Lundestrom using the US defenseman as a screen.

He's not having a good game but his defense is sketchy at best. They are giving way way too much space to Sweden. They are not playing against Kazakhstan there. Sweden will score if you give them time and space.

Reactions: Chris Cutter

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
He's not having a good game but his defense is sketchy at best. They are giving way way too much space to Sweden. They are not playing against Kazakhstan there. Sweden will score if you give them time and space.

True. You can see why this past year's draft was Sweden heavy, though. They're real good and full of highly skilled players.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Third goal he was down far too early. Gave Lundestrom the net. There's no passing options there so he's gotta be at the top of his crease and patient on his feet.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I really liked Beaudin in the first, that kid is really good!! too bad he didnt slide early second round, would be much better than Romanov...

what a rush by Lavoie at the end of the first, that kid is showING flashes of greatness about everytime I get the chance to see him play, really liked him last U18...

Reactions: dralaf

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Oh man, wouldn't it be something to have ''enough'' though? I sure won't be convinced that we have enough until we have ostensibly too many, but just think of it. You open hfboards, head on over to the lineup thread, and all you see are center lineups that don't trigger your gag reflex.

...someday.
You never know what is enough unless you know what is more than enough.

-William Blake

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad