U-20 Summer Showcase 7-28/8-4

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Not only did the Oil f*** up taking Bouchtard over Dobson.. they cost me a thousand dollars on mise en jeu

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Not only did the Oil **** up taking Bouchtard over Dobson.. they cost me a thousand dollars on mise en jeu

How did you even open a 1000 dollar bet on mise o jeu? The most it would let me bet was 100.

They were giving me 4+ on Kotkaniemi to Montreal but I'm going to do the run around it would have taken to place the bet for 100 bucks.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
How did you even open a 1000 dollar bet on mise o jeu? The most it would let me bet was 100.

They were giving me 4+ on Kotkaniemi to Montreal but I'm going to do the run around it would have taken to place the bet for 100 bucks.

It was a ten dollar bet that would have earned me a thousand. I had a combo bet of all the highest returns so it was like Kotkaniemi to Montreal. Hayton ahead of Veleno. Things like that that were paying out high before the draft but anyone with knowledge would know was gonna happen. gambled on Boqvist ahead of wahlstrom.

davey999

Mar 9, 2004
Watch the backlash now on how we should’ve drafted him......but tomorrow, when Wahlstrom scores a few, it’ll be him, then the next day, when Boqvist has 4pts, it’ll be him.......etc, etc, etc......
Right. Until the guy they actually picked, proves us wrong

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
So how were Olofsson and Primeau in the end? How did they look?

I saw the first 2 periods. Primeau had it a bit rough in the first though 2 of those goals weren't his fault. Seemed to be a bit better in the 2nd.

Olofsson made a few nice passes but seemed to lack intensity.

We need to lose for Hughes. He'd be a great start in the right direction. Him, Kotka and Poehling up the middle would be very nice.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Right. Until the guy they actually picked, proves us wrong

We can say that for every player in the draft since not 1 has a played an NHL game......Zadina must prove to the Detroit fan base......Tkachuk must prove to the Ottawa fan base.....Hughes must prove to the Vancouver fan base.......Kaut must prove to the Colorado fan base......etc etc etc

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Wasn't big on Dobson like some, but I still had him ahead of Bouchard. Who the hell knows, it's not out of the realm of possibility that Bouchard ends up having the better career. Stranger things have happened.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So how were Olofsson and Primeau in the end? How did they look?

Primeau wasn't sharp in the first. The second goal wasn't his fault. However, from the second and after, he was better. He made a few key saves that would have allowed Sweden to run away with it yesterday.

As for Olofsson, nothing flashy. But he was effective. His mandate was mainly to counter Jack Hughes. He did a good job, but the kid is too good to be contained for 60 minutes. He did pick up an assist on Sweden's 4th goal, though. He was real good in OT, also.

Reactions: Acadien86

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Primeau wasn't sharp in the first. The second goal wasn't his fault. However, from the second and after, he was better. He made a few key saves that would have allowed Sweden to run away with it yesterday.

As for Olofsson, nothing flashy. But he was effective. His mandate was mainly to counter Jack Hughes. He did a good job, but the kid is too good to be contained for 60 minutes. He did pick up an assist on Sweden's 4th goal, though. He was real good in OT, also.
I saw the first 2 periods. Primeau had it a bit rough in the first though 2 of those goals weren't his fault. Seemed to be a bit better in the 2nd.

Olofsson made a few nice passes but seemed to lack intensity.

We need to lose for Hughes. He'd be a great start in the right direction. Him, Kotka and Poehling up the middle would be very nice.
Thanks for the info guys. I know one-off games like these don't mean much in the grand scheme, but you still always hope your guys are doing well. Too bad for Primeau. Hopefully Olofsson can secure a top 6 C role, and Primeau the starter.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
How was Poehling and why Ylonen and Kotka not playing for Finland?
Poehling not playing so far recovering from a minor surgury (tonsillitis)... Ylonen and Kotka are lock to make the team so they decided to rest them and test some other kids...

Olofsson is doing well defensively but offensively he is ok, no more no less...

Reactions: Maitz

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Ylonen is apparently injured too (missed Liiga pre-season tournament). Though he's a safe bet to make it regardless.

Reactions: Maitz

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
Hughes isn't too good to be contained for 60 minutes.....Kotkaniemi did it in the gold medal game....:naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad