U-20 Summer Showcase 7-28/8-4

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Lindgren was kind of middling in the AHL and so was McNiven. Next year will tell us more. I just feel like we always luck out with goalies anyways lol but yeah I wouldn't exactly use a relatively high pick on one unless you got a REALLY good feeling about one.

Anyone know how Olofsson played last night?

Really curious about this as well. Couldn't find a way to watch it and can't find any info anywhere.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I just realized that we will have 3 centers playing in the top 6 for their respective teams in the World Juniors. Exciting.

Reactions: Redux91

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I just realized that we will have 3 centers playing in the top 6 for their respective teams in the World Juniors. Exciting.

When was the last time we've even had one? Chipchura? lol. Even Galch was on the 3rd line.

Would love for Olofsson to put it together. Would be great to have a surplus of top 6 Cs instead of 'just enough'.

Geecko

Aug 21, 2012
When was the last time we've even had one? Chipchura? lol. Even Galch was on the 3rd line.

Would love for Olofsson to put it together. Would be great to have a surplus of top 6 Cs instead of 'just enough'.
Wasn't Poehling participating as a top 6 center last year?

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Indeed but didnt really impacted the game offensively last year, this year he has higher expectations and should do well with more experiences behind the belt... I expect him to be heavily relied on...

Mdamico

Dec 29, 2006

By circumstance, yes. He was the 3rd line C on the team, but then Logan Brown went down with an injury as the tournament started. Mittelstatd was moved to to C a few days later when only the Poehling-Tkachuk-Bellows line was playing well.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

Oh man, wouldn't it be something to have ''enough'' though? I sure won't be convinced that we have enough until we have ostensibly too many, but just think of it. You open hfboards, head on over to the lineup thread, and all you see are center lineups that don't trigger your gag reflex.

...someday.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Olofsson scored

Looking at all other sources, it appears it wasn't Olofsson but rather Sebastian Walfridsson. Can anyone confirm?

EDIT: I was looking at the wrong boxscore, sorry!

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Looking at all other sources, it appears it wasn't Olofsson but rather Sebastian Walfridsson. Can anyone confirm?

Olofsson is on the line with Elvenes. That's all I got.

Got it. You were looking at the incorrect Boxscore. There's another game where Olofsson scores from Elvenes. The other game it was Walfridsson

Reactions: JohnLennon

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Olofsson is on the line with Elvenes. That's all I got.

Got it. You were looking at the incorrect Boxscore. There's another game where Olofsson scores from Elvenes. The other game it was Walfridsson
I see. Thanks a lot for pointing that out. I'm all mixed up.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I haven't looked at the roster to see who they have at center, plus we'll need to see what players are in the NHL but he should be a top 6 center for sure I would think.
Unless I am missing someone, I don't think anyone else should take his spot aside from Hughes. Even then, the coach may want to play older players.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Poehling survived the cuts but: "Forward Ryan Poehling (Lakeville, Minn./St. Cloud State University) will continue to skate in practices but not participate in games."

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00