Player Discussion Tyson Jost

Will Tyson Jost be viewed favorably in his time with the Wild?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
he looked ok, I see what some of the avs fans said in him. goes into the corner thinking he is bigger than he is. I dont dislike him yet but after 1 game i would say he may need to rethink how he battles along the boards. less Greenway more Kaprizov mindset needed.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
almost everyone here was excited or optimistic on rask (not me) and remember how that turned out. just say'n don't get too excited.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
I remember a lot of neutral and a lot upset. Don't remember anyone being "excited".

Yeah, this is not at all my recollection of the general sentiment.There may have been some comments trying to rationalize and accept the deal by point towards his production in the first 1-2 years of. his career and saying there's a chance we could revive that, but I think for the most part people didn't understand why Nino was dealt for so little.

Reactions: TaLoN

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I remember a lot of neutral and a lot upset. Don't remember anyone being "excited".
Maybe he means "agitated"? Because that would be true.

I hated that deal the day it happened, and I remember most people being of a like mind. That said, I came to actually like Rask, himself, if not his play, though even that had its moments. Like earlier this season on the "Most Rask Goal Ever".

Gonna miss this guy, like I'd miss my cat. I'm terribly allergic to him, and he's a little asshole who puts holes in my computer chair, but he sure is cute and fluffy.

Reactions: zellmatic

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

I don't know if I would say I was excited, but I think I was one of the most optimistic about it (was more of a "let's wait and see, it could work out" kind of thing). I really wanted Elias Lindholm though. Before he was traded to Calgary I wanted Fenton to get him.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I don't know if I would say I was excited, but I think I was one of the most optimistic about it (was more of a "let's wait and see, it could work out" kind of thing). I really wanted Elias Lindholm though. Before he was traded to Calgary I wanted Fenton to get him.
Yeah, that was neutral on the deal. I was there myself as well. "Let's see what happens" was about as optimistic as anyone came on the deal. Not at all excited.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
almost everyone here was excited or optimistic on rask (not me) and remember how that turned out. just say'n don't get too excited.
Our family dog is named Nino. To say I was not optimistic, is an understatement. It literally had nothing to do with my judgement of Rask and I never know if I should feel vindicated or more upset at it all.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The only ones who got really excited were the Wild analytics people, who called up Fenton and said, "WTF?"

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The only ones who got really excited were the Wild analytics people, who called up Fenton and said, "WTF?"
Then of course Fenton took one of the most respected analytics pair, flipped them the bird, and fired one of them while being completely unaware the other was already planning retirement... because he was being a complete ass to everyone inside and out of the organization... mostly from the Bahamas.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Then of course Fenton took one of the most respected analytics pair, flipped them the bird, and fired one of them while being completely unaware the other was already planning retirement... because he was being a complete ass to everyone inside and out of the organization... mostly from the Bahamas.
The other one ended up in Seattle working for the Kraken, no? The "retirement" was a non combative way of saying, "Take this job and shove it!".
Fenton was a disaster, but credit to Leipold for recognizing it rather than letting it go on for a few years.

Reactions: HotDish and TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
funny how posters memory fades over time! go back and read the thread many were excited to get a young center and RIPPED me a new one for bashing the trade! (and questioning our gms brilliance!) Confirmed with Link: - Nino Niederreiter (MIN) Traded for Victor Rask (CAR)
I look at the first page... I see the OP use the word excited, mostly about "things are happening", no particular comment on the trade itself. The rest of the first 4 pages are a lot of neutral and negativity about the deal. I saw no posts ripping you at all in the first 4 pages (30 per page) that I reviewed. :dunno:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I look at the first page... I see the OP use the word excited, mostly about "things are happening", no particular comment on the trade itself. The rest of the first 4 pages are a lot of neutral and negativity about the deal. I saw no posts ripping you at all in the first 4 pages (30 per page) that I reviewed. :dunno:
I’m the OP and definitely believed Nino>>Rask. However, the team was long overdue for a rebuild. My excitement was because I finally saw “core” players getting traded. Leipold finally gave management permission to stop the cycle of boring mediocrity.

I think my next post sums up why I was excited (had zero to do with Rask):

On paper we might have lost this trade, but our team chemistry has been stale since 2017 and we desperately needed a change.

Nino definitely wasn't at the top of my list of players I'd like to see booted, but realistically he had value and it probably wasn't hard finding a trade partner for him.

Keep going, Fenton. Keep going.

On topic: I’m guessing Jost does nothing for the Wild. Watched him for years in Colorado and never was impressed. Guessing he’ll play out his contract in Minny then bounce around the AHL for the remainder of his career. Possibly Europe.

Reactions: 57special and TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I’m the OP and definitely believed Nino>>Rask. However, the team was long overdue for a rebuild. My excitement was because I finally saw “core” players getting traded. Leipold finally gave management permission to stop the cycle of boring mediocrity.

I think my next post sums up why I was excited (had zero to do with Rask):
So yeah, what I expected. You were just excited that things were happening... not about that particular deal.

Overall, I think the board approached it with reason. Even those who were neutral sure weren't optimistic.

Here was my take...
Or, maybe Fenton really believes Rask is better than Nino.

Nino has been uninspiring, so I'll give Rask a shot before I bag on him... but not optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese