Player Discussion Tyson Jost

Will Tyson Jost be viewed favorably in his time with the Wild?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
This thread got weird.
YOU'RE WEIRD!
squirrel-war.gif

Reactions: TheRarestDangles

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Have noticed some skill and shiftiness. Not very strong on the puck though. Hopefully he can turn into a good middle-six center.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Have noticed some skill and shiftiness. Not very strong on the puck though. Hopefully he can turn into a good middle-six center.

I don’t see it. He does have some skills, but I would argue Gaudreau (skating, puck handling skills, shot) is closer to a middle-6 C skill set (he’s not a middle 6 center) than Jost which to me puts it in perspective.

Jost clearly has some more offensive skills than most 4th liners but the overall package of skills to me just doesn’t really add up into a meaningful role with a line.

Reactions: 57special

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I saw him when he was in BC and man him and Fabbro were on another level. I legit dont know what happened but I hope he works out for you guys. He is too damn skilled dunno if it's a translation to the bigs problem or what but here's hoping! How has he looked so far?

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Jos
I saw him when he was in BC and man him and Fabbro were on another level. I legit dont know what happened but I hope he works out for you guys. He is too damn skilled dunno if it's a translation to the bigs problem or what but here's hoping! How has he looked so far?
Jost played at No Dak and fabro at BU not BC

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I stand by "Yes and first, but then no"
I was a "NO, never" guy. Was a Sturm fan, too, and don't know why Dean didn't like him. Maybe he beat him at golf...or didn't play golf?

Jost was a waste of cap and roster space from the time we got him. Rather than roast BG for trading for him, I'll just say that i'm glad that he wasn't stubborn, and recognized that there was no there, there.

Not the worst thing to pick up a young, high draft pick, and see if there was anything there to be developed. In Jost's case...nope. Good junior and college player....that's about it.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Steel is under the microscope, next. A lot of similarities to Jos, but at least he has a lesser cap hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad