Dreger: Tyson Barrie will test free agency

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
unless he already has a handshake deal with a team somewhere, the keith trade means barrie has no plan b to go back to the oilers as leverage and is officially screwed.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
No idea, just my guess for a guy who put up those kind of points.

Barrie will get the Anson Carter treatment. . Carter put up big numbers and tested free agency. . However, the league recognized that Carter put up those numbers largely due to playing with the Sedins at their peak and he did not get the offers he expected. . I think he finally signed a deal in September w a team due to their injury situation and performed as expected, well below his previous numbers

Barrie’s numbers will be looked at as a product of McDrai, though I don’t think that’s entirely fair. . In games I watched him play, he created a lot along with those guys. . It’ll be very interesting to see who gets him and for how much . . I’ll be blown away if he gets anything like $6 per . . No idea what team has the need and space for him

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
He’s a good hockey player, but his numbers are inflated due to playing all those minutes with McDavid and Drai. Don’t blame him for wanting to cash in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad