Confirmed with Link: Tyson Barrie Re-Signs 3 Years @$4.5M AAV

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
That’s a great contract.

Truly. A ton of posters here that assumed Barrie was just here to land a big contract to sign elsewhere have some crow to eat on this one. There was a ton of Barrie critics and cynics here and the player was dissed a lot despite leading the league in D scoring on what was a great season.

So glad to have him back. maybe now some more posters can start appreciating this player and what he brings instead of the constant negative views on "why he is here"?

This is the Barrie "Wants to be here" contract that I had hoped would occur. Fully in the Barrie camp from the moment we got him. Barrie as I stated was here to stay because of loving playing with McDrai. I mean the player said so several times, people refused to believe him.

Last edited:

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Might score 60 or 70 points next year at only 4.5 mill. A deal like that would be a steal for a forward, let alone a defenseman.

Has his issues defensively, but the coach clearly trusts him. The Oiler stars like him, and he wants to be here.

Good deal for the team

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
This is a damn good deal. There’s a good chance he leads all dmen in points over these next 3 years while only getting 4.5 million per.

Sure he is weak defensively but that’s the only reason this deal is so reasonable. If he was a good defensive player he’d be getting 9.5+ million by 8 years.

He fills a crucial role for the Oilers and I’m sure McDavid/Draisaitl are glad to have him back. He gets the puck to them smoothly and presents a tertiary offensive threat for them to look for in the o-zone.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
tenor.gif

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Truly. A ton of posters here that assumed Barrie was just here to land a big contract to sign elsewhere have some crow to eat on this one. There was a ton of Barrie critics and cynics here and the player was dissed a lot despite leading the league in D scoring on what was a great season.

So glad to have him back. maybe now some more posters can start appreciating this player and what he brings instead of the constant negative views on "why he is here"?

This is the Barrie "Wants to be here" contract that I had hoped would occur. Fully in the Barrie camp from the moment we got him. Barrie as I stated was here to stay because of loving playing with McDrai. I mean the player said so several times, people refused to believe him.
Strikes me as a really likeable guy too. Seems to have a really good attitude.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
He took a pay cut to stay in edmonton. Not surprising.

Surprising to a lot of people, I kept saying he might re-sign for less if he enjoyed it and he did have a great season. Everyone I talked to (elsewhere) said he was just there to increase his value and get a fat contract somewhere else. Nope! Love this deal, can put this in the win column for Holland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad