Confirmed with Link: Tyrel Bauer 3 year elc

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Did we ever find out why Lucius left Minnesota?

Last edited:

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
Bauer will be the captain of the Jets in 5 years. He's awesome

Bauer is the most NHL ready right D prospect we have. He's way better than Chariot, or Samberg at that age and way more physical

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Bauer will be the captain of the Jets in 5 years. He's awesome

Bauer is the most NHL ready right D prospect we have. He's way better than Chariot, or Samberg at that age and way more physical
Fantastic character guy. Very limited offensively and (I think) ok defensively. Could carve a niche as a 6/7 guy for his fighting ability.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Fantastic character guy. Very limited offensively and (I think) ok defensively. Could carve a niche as a 6/7 guy for his fighting ability.

I'm hoping fighting is soon out of the sport completely. I don't see a role for players of his ilk long term. Not enough talent amd actual playing ability to make it imo.

Reactions: RestlessYoungZero

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
I'm hoping fighting is soon out of the sport completely. I don't see a role for players of his ilk long term. Not enough talent amd actual playing ability to make it imo.
If TB can play a safe defensive game with some PK time while hitting enough to keep opposition forwards’ heads up he will be a useful player. At 21, there is still lots of time for him to develop. Ballet will never be a part of his game, thankfully. Jets already have enough of those.

Reactions: RabidOne and Heldig

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
If TB can play a safe defensive game with some PK time while hitting enough to keep opposition forwards’ heads up he will be a useful player. At 21, there is still lots of time for him to develop. Ballet will never be a part of his game, thankfully. Jets already have enough of those.

He has to actually be able to defend at an NHL level. He also will have to be able to retrieve and move the puck at an NHL level. The game is trending away from players that can juat throw a hit.

Reactions: RestlessYoungZero

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
He has to actually be able to defend at an NHL level. He also will have to be able to retrieve and move the puck at an NHL level. The game is trending away from players that can juat throw a hit.
So, I guess that you didn’t read my post.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
EDIT: definitely not the right thread.

Last edited:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
This guy has future Manitoba Moose captain all over him. My guess is he gets under 25 NHL games in his career.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Not every player needs to tear it up offensively. Sometimes you can use those Mitchell or Vlasics to hold down the Fort defensively. Know nothing about this guy, but maybe he has some of that shutdown D potential?

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Not every player needs to tear it up offensively. Sometimes you can use those Mitchell or Vlasics to hold down the Fort defensively. Know nothing about this guy, but maybe he has some of that shutdown D potential?

He doesn't need to be an offensive threat but he does need to be able to retrieve the puck and make a smart decision to get it out of the zone. We'll see if he does that at the pro level, I'm skeptical from what I've seen. He might manage it in the AHL but I don't see NHL level decision making yet. He may develop it.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Only the first game of prospect level hockey but I did see some improvement of his defensive play and moving the puck, didn't help that he was mostly paired with Salomonsson who was either tired, rusty, bad or a combination of all three. Will ever amount to an NHL level defenseman? maybe but he still has a long way to go.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad