Confirmed with Link: Tyrel Bauer 3 year elc

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He may never put up offensive numbers but the Jets need and stay at home clear the front of the net take no shit D man, maybe he is the one

I'd have a bit more optimism in that if he atleast put up moderate point totals at the dub level. Even if his primary role is to clear the net he needs to be able to do things with the puck on his stick.

Roughneck1

Aug 9, 2014
I'd have a bit more optimism in that if he atleast put up moderate point totals at the dub level. Even if his primary role is to clear the net he needs to be able to do things with the puck on his stick.
Yeah he needs to atleast have some skill with the puck on his stick. If he can’t put up points in the whl on a decent team I’m not sure he got what it takes. I guess we’ll have to see. Might get to play a few games if they feel they need some one to goon it up maybe.

Reactions: surixon

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
This has Zingersaurus Rex written all over it. Clearly, the Moose got knocked out early because they lacked GRIT! Who's next to be signed? Austin Wong? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Al Camino

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Not surprised he got a deal. Has looked really good these playoffs. His skating has improved a lot. Liked to see what he can do at the pro level. He has been so good these playoffs shutting down other teams better players. Too bad they play the Blazers in Kamloops, They will keep Stankoven's line away from him.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I would love to see a 6th rounder crack the D here one day. Hopefully by year 3 of the ELC he gets into a game or two and seizes the opportunity. Likley need some development on the Moose.

WpgSteve

Nov 5, 2018
A player who averages .25 pts/game or less in the WHL throughout his career will have no (positive) impact on the Jets organization now or in the future. This is a nothing burger signing.
Maybe he's a late bloomer. Stranger things have happened.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
I'm glad we inked him. I've seen some highlights of him beating the doors off people. The Jets have guys that answer the bell when needed in Dillon and Lowry, to some extent Stanley. Let's see what he can develop into at the next level. Wore the C so obviously a leader.

Reactions: larmex99

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Doesn’t hurt to sign him and see how he develops. Sometimes you miss on a 1st (Ves) and you can develop yourself a contributor from much later rounds.

Would be nice if he could become a solid hard nosed bottom pairing guy in the mold of Barret Jackman with maybe more bite to his game.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Maybe a Moose fan favourite but I don't see much from him that says he'll play in the NHL.

Yup, he's essentially Nogier's replacement imo.

A guy like Kovacevik is probably who people should be looking at if they want that bug and physical crease clearer on the Jets bottom pairing.

Jetsetter

Mar 2, 2015
Winnerpeg
A player who averages .25 pts/game or less in the WHL throughout his career will have no (positive) impact on the Jets organization now or in the future. This is a nothing burger signing.
I completely disagree with you blueandgoldguy! If this guy is a stay at home tough RH Dman, that's exactly what we need!

Welcome to the team Tyrel Bauer! Don't listen to these negative guys. You control you're own destiny! Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: larmex99

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Yup, he's essentially Nogier's replacement imo.

A guy like Kovacevik is probably who people should be looking at if they want that bug and physical crease clearer on the Jets bottom pairing.
Kovacevic will be a UFA by the time Bauer is done his ELC. Johhny K. might not even last that long. He still has to play regularly in the NHL to be an NHLer. I like having a guy who can scrap it out. If he's good in a shutdown role, and on the PK, there's always room for those guys. Not like the Jets have a lot of RHD depth.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Kovacevic will be a UFA by the time Bauer is done his ELC. Johhny K. might not even last that long. He still has to play regularly in the NHL to be an NHLer. I like having a guy who can scrap it out. If he's good in a shutdown role, and on the PK, there's always room for those guys. Not like the Jets have a lot of RHD depth.

Nothing wrong with having that element. But it is only one element and if that is all he brings to the table he will never make it. Nobody uses designated tough guys that can't take a regular shift any longer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad