Value of: Tyler Toffoli

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I think he could be a really good fit for the jets

They can't keep loading up on slower skaters but yes that Bowness system is probably perfect for Toffoli lol

Canucks recalled Podkolzin, could be showcasing him for this upcoming deadline.

Loved him his draft year in 2019, what happened to him? Fell out of favor or legit just looks bad in the NHL?

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
It'd be Mikheyev and Podkolzin and maybe a pick.

Toffoli a great fit in Vancouver

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

So what would they offer? A late first or a 2nd + prospect?

Do I remember correctly that the Oilers wouldn't trade Holloway or Broberg for a rental. I'm not interested in Broberg but Holloway is an interesting player.

Yeah, Holland never trades firsts for rentals and Broberg is his sweet precious boy. (Broberg is much underrated but yeah he probably won’t be dealt)

Holloway is a maybe I guess but my better guess is we’re dangling Lavoie and a 2nd.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Maybe a pick? :laugh:
As in maybe a high pick, pick swap, and/or another asset but idk which. Not just pod and mik..
I definitely don't want Mikheyev back. I think that's just money I'd rather spend elsewhere in future years.
I wouldn't either if I were you he's awful, but its happening, almost the same cap and the only way it works for van. What we pay you for it is another story.

Reactions: Forge

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
I'd take a 2nd + prospect for him and then probably flip that for Markstrom. If they get a first for him, that shit is 100% going straight to Calgary in the summer for Markstrom
Until Conroy changes his mind on it! What about to Bos. for Ullmark? Just stirring the pot!

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
I hope the fact that he's a proven "winner" gets the bidding up to a 1st. NJ should give up a 4th also to get another team to retain 25% if it makes it happen.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Yeah, Holland never trades firsts for rentals and Broberg is his sweet precious boy. (Broberg is much underrated but yeah he probably won’t be dealt)

Holloway is a maybe I guess but my better guess is we’re dangling Lavoie and a 2nd.
The Edmonton Oilers just put out their Trade Deadline 2023 video on YT. Holland did say that he was definitely open to moving a first for a rental.
I hope he doesn't for Toffoli though

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
He's good player. I don't know why Jersey fans so against him
He just doesn’t fit with the Devils anywhere. Best option is alongside Hughes, but his lack of speed leads to too many dead plays for the Devils where he has to throw it away and put Hughes (or another one of our forwards) in a vulnerable spot. Hughes needs linemates that make the game easier for him.

He needs to play in a structured system with heavier players who can compensate for his game. He’s not a bad player, just a poor fit on this team outside of his ability to finish.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

ZYXWVUT

Feb 26, 2024
Would Vegas do Toffoli @ 50% for Sapovaliv and say a 2nd? Could even add in Nosek if interested for a cheap depth rental since obviously would be familiarity from the original expansion cup final group plus Cassidy’s time in Boston.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
If the Devils trade Toffoli then it would probably be for only draft picks as those can be used to trade for a goalie in the offseason.

Reactions: Smitty426
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad