Player Discussion Tyler Toffoli

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Toffoli already surpassed his career high by 2 points last game and there's still 13 games left remaining in the season.
In Montreal, he looked like he could score 40 for us. I was hoping he would in Calgary.

Still, if he can get 33-35 goals and 70+ points this year, I'd be really happy for him. That was the kind of production I thought he was capable of.

Too bad for you guys Americans like Gaudreau, Fox, and Tkachuk bolted. You'd have one of the best offenses in the league, including Toffoli, if not for that. A real shame. Hopefully your management team will avoid those problems going forward.

Last edited:

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
In Montreal, he looked like he could score 40 for us. I was hoping he would in Calgary.

Still, if he can get 33-35 goals and 70+ points this year, I'd be really happy for him. That was the kind of production I thought he was capable of.

Too bad for you guys Americans like Gaudreau, Fox, and Tkachuk bolted. You'd have one of the best offenses in the league, including Toffoli, if not for that. A real shame. Hopefully your management team will avoid those problems going forward.
Now that you mention it.... The us guys screwed us over baaaaadd. Let's build a team full of sexy swedes from now on

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Toffoli...he is the perfect sell high candidate. We need to clear cap room, he is hitting a career high and he is in that group of 7 2024 UFA's

Reactions: BobColesNasalCavity

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
The thought had crossed my mind, but even if he wasn't having a career year I would want to keep him.

When not scoring he does all the little things right.

He's a keeper.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
The thought had crossed my mind, but even if he wasn't having a career year I would want to keep him.

When not scoring he does all the little things right.

He's a keeper.
thats a fair opinion. I just think that Toffoli is going to price himself out of what the team should pay therefore it may be better to trade him at the draft rather than overpay on an extension.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
At the very worst you sell him next trade deadline. Team already has too many vets signed to long term deals and they aren't even paying off in year 1 (year 0 for Huberdeau lmao).

If he was UFA this year we would have gotten a fortune for him based on what the market was this trade deadline. Like 1st + easily.

If he puts up the same numbers next year, we should still be able to get a 1st + for him. He'll price himself into the $6mil + market and Flames can't afford to re-sign him nor should they at his age (give him 4 years max, but the market will give him at least 5 or 6 I bet).

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Insanity the talk of signing anymore 30+ to long term contracts. That’s puts us on a Philly or San Jose track that they started about four years ago. Which means ten years of dismal showings for the Flames.

Reactions: BobColesNasalCavity

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
At the very worst you sell him next trade deadline. Team already has too many vets signed to long term deals and they aren't even paying off in year 1 (year 0 for Huberdeau lmao).

If he was UFA this year we would have gotten a fortune for him based on what the market was this trade deadline. Like 1st + easily.

If he puts up the same numbers next year, we should still be able to get a 1st + for him. He'll price himself into the $6mil + market and Flames can't afford to re-sign him nor should they at his age (give him 4 years max, but the market will give him at least 5 or 6 I bet).
trading him at the draft (before July 1st) eliminates the temptation to extend him.

however if they decide to keep Sutter, Sutter will force them to keep, extend and overpay Toffoli.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
You trade him in the offseason to maximize the return people.

That's wrong bruv, max value would be at next trade deadline if he keeps the same pace next year as he did this year. You don't get max value for guys with 1 year left on their deals in the offseason, teams will just sign free agents, re-sign their own guys, wait and PTO guys.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
That's wrong bruv, max value would be at next trade deadline if he keeps the same pace next year as he did this year. You don't get max value for guys with 1 year left on their deals in the offseason, teams will just sign free agents, re-sign their own guys, wait and PTO guys.
No, he is a 30 YO player who just had a career season. The highest guaranteed value is this offseason before he goes back to being a 20 goal 50 pts player and before the Flames sign him to some stupid contract extension believing that he is something he isn't.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
No, he is a 30 YO player who just had a career season. The highest guaranteed value is this offseason before he goes back to being a 20 goal 50 pts player and before the Flames sign him to some stupid contract extension believing that he is something he isn't.

Guarantee you no GM would give more value in this off season than next TDL. Name examples of older players getting any value in the offseason with year(s) on their contract.

Young core guys sure, not 30+ year olds.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Guarantee you no GM would give more value in this off season than next TDL. Name examples of older players getting any value in the offseason with year(s) on their contract.

Young core guys sure, not 30+ year
Except this team would have to be a complete non playoff team next season to sell and I can’t see it so they won’t sell off at the deadline OR they do the Flames thing and extend him which is worse than letting him walk for nothing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad