Tyler Toffoli

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
Toffoli and Pearson are both turning out to be absolute steals. Long live Futa!!!

I'm fine with moving one, or even two, of Clifford, King, Nolan. Of the 3, I'd probably keep King. And Nolan has the least value.

KingKopitar11*

I think your right even thou it pains me to admit that. :laugh: Clifford however would be best served traded to winnipeg for Clitsome and a pick ( i think 3rd but was offered this trade with a 4th) I think he would be a good replacement for Mitchell young more mobile but still pretty strong defensively.

I think a third for Clifford is realistic. Or even a late second. I don't see anyone really being desperate for him but hey weirder things have happened.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
If I wasn't such a big fan of Kopitar, I would get a Toffoli jersey without hesitation. I love this kid.

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
It's time to get TT on the PP. Arguably the 3rd best goal scorer on the team, after Gaborik and Carter and does not get PP minutes.

And #2 on the team, in even strength goals in the playoffs:

Gaborik 10 ES
Toffoli 7 ES
Carter 5 ES
Williams 5 ES
Kopitar 4 ES
Pearson 4 ES
Brown 3 ES
Doughty 3 ES
Muzzin 3 ES

That GW goal was his last night, so he really has 8 ES goals.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
If they win the cup, I will get a Toffooooooooli jersey.

Post-11756-I-understood-that-reference-gi-SfRH.gif

losingsand

Apr 13, 2007
Pasadena, ca
My bold prediction before the season started was that TT would lead the kings in +/-
so right now he's making me look good. But my basis for making the prediction
is that line is just flat out dangerous on every shift... if you watch the oiler game again
they are frikkin SCARY on every shift and they do something dynamic always.

I'm surprised that pearson looks JUST as good as tyler.

THis could be the year that jeff carter actually gets more assists than goals.. which has happened only once in his career and it was his rookie season. Sort of a crazy stat to me

Boxscore

Jan 22, 2007
My bold prediction before the season started was that TT would lead the kings in +/-
so right now he's making me look good. But my basis for making the prediction
is that line is just flat out dangerous on every shift... if you watch the oiler game again
they are frikkin SCARY on every shift and they do something dynamic always.

I'm surprised that pearson looks JUST as good as tyler.

THis could be the year that jeff carter actually gets more assists than goals.. which has happened only once in his career and it was his rookie season. Sort of a crazy stat to me

I always knew Toffoli had some goal scoring mitts but his skating, vision and playmaking ability has impressed me a great deal.

Captain Mittens*

That goal last night......plus everything leading up to it.

867969041.gif

Sicker than a poodle with diabetes

Dropdapuck

Jul 21, 2010
but his skating, vision and playmaking ability has impressed me a great deal

Yes. This surprised me as well. It's like a kid opening a Christmas present and not just getting what he wanted but also getting the upgraded deluxe model.

dman3474

Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
What do you guys think DL will sign him and Pearson for?

comparables:

Reiley Smith 20G 31A 1 yr 1.4 mil
Jayden Schwartz 25G 31A 2 yr 2.35 mil

Im thinking he and Pearson will both end up around 20/25 and Im hoping for 2 yr bridge deals right around 2 mil. Maybe DL can work his magic and get it closer to 1.5?

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA

comparables:

Im thinking he and Pearson will both end up around 20/25 and Im hoping for 2 yr bridge deals right around 2 mil. Maybe DL can work his magic and get it closer to 1.5?

It will be closer to Schwartz. Smith was in a weird position that he could ask for arbitration or take offer sheets. Where both Pearson and Toffoli can.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can

comparables:

well i think if he continues this type of season he will be at least a finialist for the calder with a good shot at winning it. I think this will get him paid over Dwight Kings 2 million something like 2.2 ish would be my guess for pearson.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
well i think if he continues this type of season he will be at least a finialist for the calder with a good shot at winning it. I think this will get him paid over Dwight Kings 2 million something like 2.2 ish would be my guess for pearson.

I know it's early but his shooting % is way, and I mean, WAY too high to keep up. He's only taken 7 shots and scored on 4.
But I can hope for my total dream year. We get a player with the Calder, Selke, and Norris. A great regular season record topped off with another cup. Am I asking for too much?

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013

Should there be a stickied thread where video's of great plays like this are stashed? Another one that comes to mind was Kings sick toe drag (I think against the sharks) that led to a Carter goal... or maybe some of the Kopitar 1 on 1 moves on the goalies for the first cup run.... Seems like it would be a cool thread.... just throw up the date/game with the video...

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
It will be closer to Schwartz. Smith was in a weird position that he could ask for arbitration or take offer sheets. Where both Pearson and Toffoli can.

Also Smith and Krug took their deals because that's really all that could be offered by the Bruins after the Iginla bonus carry over. Expect healthy raises.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad