Tyler Toffoli

Ron*

This kid is something else. I love his aggressive style of play. He is always on the attack.

His assist on Voynov's goal was nothing short of extraordinary. His puck handling was grade-A and he caused an awful lot of anxiety on the part Hawk defenders on that play.

Amazing that we see the playoff jitters from Muzzin (although last night might have been his best as a King this season) and some from Voynov last season, but this guy won't have any of that. If anything, he seems more at ease in the playoffs than he does in the regular season!

He was clicking with Penner and Carter last night, that second line played great.

I would like to see these line combos stay the same for the foreseeable future. I definitely think Toffoli should be on a line of producers, and not stuck on the 4th line where everyone knows they are there for puck possession and smothering the opposition in their own defensive zone.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
His interview last night was great. You can tell he was poised and comfortable, but at the same time he seemed really excited to be talking to the media like he had finally made it, so to speak.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Toffoli has been the best Kings rookie forward to step in and make an immediate impact since Anze Kopitar. That's a long time between drafts to find a player of that caliber, but I'm sure thankful the Kings drafted, developed, and are now playing a rookie who may some day develop into an elite offensive talent.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Toffoli has been the best Kings rookie forward to step in and make an immediate impact since Anze Kopitar. That's a long time between drafts to find a player of that caliber, but I'm sure thankful the Kings drafted, developed, and are now playing a rookie who may some day develop into an elite offensive talent.
I'm a big fan of top titty but Simmonds and Clifford made immediate impacts as well.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Can't even begin to tell you how wrong I was about him. Mark Morris SERIOUSLY did some work on this kid because he's nothing like he was in juniors.

likid

Mar 27, 2011
Maribor
Maybe is a bit to early to have huge expectations for next season from Toffoli? He is having similar run as for example King in last year SC run. Now with much higher expectations he is having problems.

I don't have any doubts he'll have huge role at LA Kings in future (if he stays healthy), but for next year, when opponents will know him better and adjust to his play, I wouldn't put to big pressure on him.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Been so eager to see him play at the NHL level for so long. He certainly doesn't disappoint. Playing with Carter should really help him.

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
This kid is something else. I love his aggressive style of play. He is always on the attack.

His assist on Voynov's goal was nothing short of extraordinary. His puck handling was grade-A and he caused an awful lot of anxiety on the part Hawk defenders on that play.

Amazing that we see the playoff jitters from Muzzin (although last night might have been his best as a King this season) and some from Voynov last season, but this guy won't have any of that. If anything, he seems more at ease in the playoffs than he does in the regular season!

He was clicking with Penner and Carter last night, that second line played great.

I would like to see these line combos stay the same for the foreseeable future. I definitely think Toffoli should be on a line of producers, and not stuck on the 4th line where everyone knows they are there for puck possession and smothering the opposition in their own defensive zone.

Ron, Ron, Ron,

Though I think TT has been great your going a little overboard. TT even admitted that he was trying to shoot the puck but lost control and it went right to Voynov.
Then Voynov shanks it big time. So really good luck twice but of course as they say in Baseball still looks like a line drive in the box scores. I watched the reply and yes he tries to go backhand forehand in tight and it gets away. Still great effort though.

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
Kudos to DL. Not many teams have a viable Top 6 forward sitting around ready to insert into the lineup. Sucks to lose Richards, but at least we have a decent option to turn to.

Ron*

Ron, Ron, Ron,

Though I think TT has been great your going a little overboard. TT even admitted that he was trying to shoot the puck but lost control and it went right to Voynov.
Then Voynov shanks it big time. So really good luck twice but of course as they say in Baseball still looks like a line drive in the box scores. I watched the reply and yes he tries to go backhand forehand in tight and it gets away. Still great effort though.

You just made my whole point.

If you aren't being aggressive, those "luck" plays don't happen. I know he was trying to shoot the puck, but he got a nice rebound directly to Voynov.

Bottom line, he has three points in this series, and Brown and Kopitar have none. They are playing hurt, true, and that limits their aggressiveness, especially Kopitar's. But you see what that type of play gets you.

reset

Puck Luck
Oct 5, 2005
South Bay
Im a big fan.

Makes the little plays and has a great sense for the game; and what a great shot. I see a little bit of Luc in him

DaAnimal

May 8, 2009
Pasadena
This kid is something. I cant believe there were talks of him getting traded out of LA. Now that we can put those aside, let's see what TT can do in the next 3-5 years. My guess +30 goal scorer if he plays on the top lines.

losingsand

Apr 13, 2007
Pasadena, ca
agreed,

muzzin had a great game yesterday... was a sight to see him gain some of that early magic.

toffoli has
10 regular season games 2 goals 3 assist
10 playoff games 2 goals 3 assists

producing .5 points a game for a rookie getting limited ice time is great production.

Love seeing sutter trusting with plenty of PP time. it's only a matter of time
for him to feel comfortable. He looks caught between wanting to be a playmaker
and a shooter on the PP.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether

What's funny is how much grief I got for talking about how great a player Toffoli had the ability to be. I got to see every game he played prior to the 67's and then a ton of 67 games in person and you could see that the kid was going to make it to the NHL.

Now you can see how well his skills are going to translate.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Remember when there were discussions on which 67's forward was better between Toffoli and Shane Prince? There were also Sens fans saying Mark Stone is better. Yeah, right.

northernKing

Jul 15, 2004

I agree TT is playing with a lot of composure but to be fair it's more difficult to play D as a rookie in the playoffs than at FWD.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
It's the little things like clearing the zone with high lobs out that just miss going far enough for icing...getting the puck in the defensive zone and holding it, allowing the play to go by him and then make the breakout pass.

It's those smarts that are allowing him to step right in. Lots of guys can shoot and score in Juniors; not everyone can play hockey: Toffoli can.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
I honestly couldn't be more impressed. He has shown poise and confidence out there and at no point appears outmatched playing in the conference finals as a 21 year old with VERY little NHL experience. Top six and PP minutes going forward

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Can't wait to see once he fills out a bit more and matures as a man....

Thrice

To Be Everywhere...
Sep 27, 2007
Can he play LW? RW is pretty crowded once Richards gets healthy.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I've never been as impressed in the 20+ years I've been a Kings fan of a rookie forward that's come out of the Kings system.

Then again I can say the same of D of Voynov. We are fortunate as fans to have DL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad