News: Tyler Toffoli sitting tonight for trade reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green

Nov 13, 2019
I bet he ends up on the Islanders, Lou can't do nothing as the Islanders team isn't cup worthy as it is and Lou can't just sit on this team, so yea, our 1st will probably be lost again

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
1st + C prospect or 2nd + B+/B prospect, chances are this team will set up NJ for a goalie trade in the summer anyway

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I consider them lower end B prospects. Toffoli gets C prospects because he’s worse than Guentzel.
If you had a 20 year old prospect in Liiga with 55 points in 57 games you'd consider him a lower end B prospect? Whether he is or isn't, if you're a fan of a team that has a prospect producing at that level you'd consider him an A level prospect and if you were to trade him you'd expect a return that was suitable for an A level prospect. Beyond that Ponomaryov is definitely above C, Cruz maybe above C.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
If you had a 20 year old prospect in Liiga with 55 points in 57 games you'd consider him a lower end B prospect? Whether he is or isn't, if you're a fan of a team that has a prospect producing at that level you'd consider him an A level prospect and if you were to trade him you'd expect a return that was suitable for an A level prospect. Beyond that Ponomaryov is definitely above C, Cruz maybe above C.
Ok maybe he’s a higher end B prospect. He’s absolutely not an A prospect. Unless you have a tier above A.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
They all seem to be trending the right way.

from my brief look at them

Koivunen looks like he could either be somewhere in-between a Curtis Lazar or a Palat. 3rd to 1st line potential guy you can stick anywhere in the top 9
Ponomaryov looks like He could be either of the Gionta brothers or something in-between 4th to 3rd line potential
Lucius is hard to figure out as he looks like a playmaking Winger who's entire future depends on how much better his shot gets. Not in the NHL to 2nd line potential

I mean yeah getting 1 top prospect might have been better or "cooler" but I think the Pens got players that all have a good chance of playing in the NHL.

I think jets do their high 2nd and B prospect no problem for him. Chevy is a grinder though so we'll see
GIVE. US. LAMBERT. :mad:

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
They all seem to be trending the right way.

from my brief look at them

Koivunen looks like he could either be somewhere in-between a Curtis Lazar or a Palat. 3rd to 1st line potential guy you can stick anywhere in the top 9
Ponomaryov looks like He could be either of the Gionta brothers or something in-between 4th to 3rd line potential
Lucius is hard to figure out as he looks like a playmaking Winger who's entire future depends on how much better his shot gets. Not in the NHL to 2nd line potential

I mean yeah getting 1 top prospect might have been better or "cooler" but I think the Pens got players that all have a good chance of playing in the NHL.

GIVE. US. LAMBERT. :mad:
No you stay away from Lambert :madfire:

• Wow
Reactions: Xirik

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
How has he looked? I haven’t followed him at all. Would he be a big add?

Scores goals - particularly on the power play. Otherwise fairly invisible. Leading goal scorer and -15 (though in fairness, he's been playing on Jack Hughes' (-13) line much of the season).

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Just as a refresher, the Flames traded Toffoli this past June, for Sharangovich and a 3rd round pick. Toffoli had a year left on his contract. BTW, Sharangovich was drafted in the 5th round... not that it makes any difference . At the time of the trade Sharangovich had 2 years left on his contract.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
It is still crazy to me looking at the Devils roster.

On paper they are a stanley cup contender, minus the goalie position. They have so much depth it is crazy.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
If that's the price Fitz doesn't want to trade him he still wants to make a run imo...He should sell regardless a first is plenty fair for Toffoli

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Just as a refresher, the Flames traded Toffoli this past June, for Sharangovich and a 3rd round pick. Toffoli had a year left on his contract. BTW, Sharangovich was drafted in the 5th round... not that it makes any difference . At the time of the trade Sharangovich had 2 years left on his contract.
That was also done during the summer, not at the trade deadline. Prices go up during the season.

QuizGuy66

Sep 12, 2011

The last sentence is incorrect. At the time of the trade Sharangovich was an RFA. He signed his 2-year bridge deal with Calgary shortly after the trade.

The 3rd round pick was the one we got from Columbus for doing the sign and trade with Severson (so they could get him for an 8th year) - basically a free pick for a guy who was going to be a UFA a couple weeks after that who were not going to resign.

Sharangovich was fairly blocked in our top 6 and Toffoli was a good fit for a team that needed finishers.

Devils wanted to keep him but Toffoli wants too much term for where in his career (understandable that he wants that btw given his vagabond career though he is going to have a hell of time getting that and a NMC come this summer but that is another story).

Likely will see that we end up with a better haul for what is essentially Sharangovich today than we move have if we moved him last summer for picks/prospects. And we get more ammo for other moves. It's fine from where I sit.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
The last sentence is incorrect. At the time of the trade Sharangovich was an RFA. He signed his 2-year bridge deal with Calgary shortly after the trade.

The last sentence is incorrect. A bridge deal would imply that the player is a restricted free agent at the end of the contract, where as this deal walks Sharangovich right to unrestricted free agency.

Reactions: QuizGuy66

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
Definitely the type of player Chevy will over pay for.
Jets need D depth, but Chevy loves forwards… at least Toffoli isn’t a lefty, so that’s a plus.

Last edited:

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Definitely the type of player Chevy will over pay for.
Jets need D depth, but Chevy loves forwards… at least Toffoli isn’t a lefty, so that’s a plus.
jets have a big hole in the top 6, we def need a winger...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad