News: Tyler Toffoli sitting tonight for trade reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
He scored 34 goals last season and is pacing for 35 this year - not bad production across two completely different teams. Also brings Cup winning experience. He should be a nice addition for some team.
Toffoli has proven that no matter where he goes, he produces. Habs included with the last two years production as well. Not the quickest, but reads the play at a very high level

Reactions: HBK27

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Realistically who is left thats a buyer?

Van
Bos
Det???
TBL
LAK
CAR???

Don't think Detroit or Tampa are really in the mix.

Jets and Vegas should be added to the list. Toronto has been rumored, though that's tough with the cap. Rangers as well, though their offer would have to blow away the others and they seemed more focused on Guentzel at the moment (rightfully so).

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Toffoli's a good player, but not that good. You ask the casual fan about Toffoli and they probably would think you're talking about some dessert at an Italian restaurant.
Ask the same fan if Guentzal rhymes with pretzel!

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Never should have let him and Tanev go.
1709855876877.png

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I mean Toffoli's production now is like double what it was back then
It's not that he isn't worth more. It's that Blake could've kept him, enjoyed 4 years of increased production in his prime years (instead of watching him do it for other teams) and then not have to give up at least a 1st round pick to get him back on the verge of turning 32.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
Elite shot, plays a gritty game but not a huge guy to go around hitting everyone. He's lost speed but it hasn't killed his game yet. Could be a major issue if he was to be resigned for term.
Thanks man. I was curious because to me, he was never an amazing skater so as long as his ability to get his shot off is still there, he should be a good get then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad