Confirmed with Link: TYLER TOFFOLI AT 50% for 2024 3rd, 2025 2nd

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Was pretty surprised when Calgary traded him... he's a solid goal scorer with good hockey sense

Ehlers-Monahan-Toffoli will be a very solid line - Ehlers finally has the finisher he needs to complement his game - even if Vilardi is out long term, I'd leave Names or Perfetti up there

So you're demoting Ehlers to keep Perfetti on the power play :naughty:

Well Vilardi is still injured so I'd assume he'd stay on pp1.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
With the Devils retaining 50% of Toffoli's $4.25M cap hit, the Jets have $3,718,790 in cap space remaining. Which is a lot...

Never pay retail! :laugh:

Does that include Perfetti's bonuses (about 1 mill)? If so pretty decent value to pull another move.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Yeah looking for dmen now imo.

Chevy and bowness eating all those marshmallows!!

1709919544955.gif

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Definitely an improvement in the short term but tons of picks have been unloaded. You hope one of Monahan and Toffoli is a fit and we can sign one of them. Toffoli has signed contracts with Canadian teams and played in Canada tons so hopefully he will be open to re-signing if there it looks like a fit.

The picks we have given up don't really amount to all that much. I'm not worried about retaining either player at this point. I'm only concerned with them fitting for a PO run this year. If they fit and elect to re-sign here that is into bonus territory.

Reactions: Deno

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Imagine if the Jets learned to exploit LTIR like the Knights. The league wouldn’t be ready for what Chevy would cook.
How could they over the last few years? They were clawing and scrapping to make the playoffs and couldn't afford to sit a top player for a few months. The perfect storm of situations has to line up in order to make that happen.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
What everybody should understand is that any individual team's chance at the Cup is f***ing terrible, and even in the finals, most match-ups are a total coin flip. You aren't going to fix your team or improve it enough to make a significant difference at the TDL, unless you're changing goaltenders from league worst to league best. Posters claiming that "acquiring XYZ makes the team a contender" are talking out of their asses.

TDL is just empty calories that generate a ton of clicks. Nothing more than that. If you want to win, create a playoff-caliber team in the offseason, employ a good coach, and then hope and pray for no major cold streaks between April and June.
This is a pretty silly take. Of course adding good players without losing any roster players is going to make a difference. How couldn't it?

DiggerD

Nov 21, 2014
Always find it interesting when people start labelling the lines, the whole drop Lowry's line to the 4th line and create another scoring line 'plan'. Over the last 5 games, that '4th line' has been a net +5 during 5-on-5, playing against the opponents top line. This luxury has allowed the Jets to play Scheifele/Conner against the second lines, and they are a -2 during 5-on-5. The 'second' line is a net even. So the Jets should drop the Lowry line to 4th, and see how Scheifele/Conner does against the top lines? People are already bitching about how they get caved in by secondary scoring.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He's really a pure triggerman at this point in his career. They need to play him with someone who can set him up. Not really a fit on line 2 imo. Likely needs to play with Scheifele.

With Vilardi out, maybe. But we already have a triggerman on the 1st line in Connor.
But Perfetti could be setting him up on the 2nd line if Vilardi is back. Ehlers is no slouch as a setup man either. If Toffoli goes to the net while Ehlers is busy skating East/West there will be goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad