Player Discussion Tyler Seguin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Can someone please direct me to the Bad Influence on Nichushkin ™ Thread? I'm not from around here.

Seriously though as long as guys like Seguin keep their witts about them, having some guys in the league with strong personalities, who are great players at the same time, makes it a better league to watch. Hey, whatever he does, it won't be as embarrasing as grabbing a cop's ass (thank you Claude Giroux). :laugh:

Crosby OTOH is as boring as grey paint on sheetrock. Rarely speaks his mind or shows any emotion off the ice, albeit the league probably has his balls in a vice as their "face of the league" to "always represent with class and dignity, never say this, never do that..." blah blah blah.

I do think Seguin needs to "bridge his tatoos" though. Got both arms covered, might as well cover the rest, go Full Maori.

polynesian%20tattoos.php.jpeg

(this guy is half way through the treatment.)

Last edited:

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I can't wait to see Tyler at Modano's age with all these tats.

Not much different than he looks now .... What's to see?

Modano at 40 is in amazing shape so it's not like the tats will be messed up. Now ... if he retires and starts double ******* pizza and beer ... I'd really enjoy seeing his tats new shape.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Wow ... I didn't even consider that word would be blocked, but I guess that makes sense. HF has a dirtier mind than me apparently ... :laugh:

Anyway ... another great Seguin article:

"There's a big difference between being a center in the NHL and playing center in junior," Seguin said. "I didn't realize how great a difference it was until doing it firsthand last year, but I'm looking forward to improving. And if I can improve I know the team will improve."

"I think Val's still figuring out North America but he was getting better as the year went on," Seguin said. "He's hopefully going to surprise a lot of people this season. He stepped into the NHL, earned ice time on the top line, learned this type of style in a short period and handled it a lot better than I would have as an 18-year-old."

One thing is certain: Seguin knows captain Jamie Benn will play an integral role in any success the team has this season because "he's that good."
"He came back an even better player after his participation in the [2014 Sochi] Olympics and I feel he put himself on the hockey map as an even better player and leader," Seguin said. "He got his first taste of the playoffs and I'm looking forward to what we can accomplish as teammates for years to come."

After scoring two goals in six games to help Canada to an Olympic gold medal, Benn returned to the Stars lineup and had 12 goals and 28 points in the final 23 games of the regular season. He then had four goals and one assist in six playoff games.

"There's not much he can't do for a guy as big as he is," Seguin said. "I mean, I consider myself a fast player but Jamie has never been behind me. He can shoot, score, hit and fight, so he's pretty much as complete a player as you'll ever see."

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
Those 24 players ahead of him in that list are pretty damn good players. Which ones do you hav ea problem with?

Only ones I have a problem with are Tavares (very overrated at #8) and Datsyuk (based entirely on past accomplishments). Otherwise it seems fair.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Only ones I have a problem with are Tavares (very overrated at #8) and Datsyuk (based entirely on past accomplishments). Otherwise it seems fair.

Tavares has a more established scoring resume so he deserves to be ahead of Seguin, but certainly not in the top 10.

Pavel Datsyuk is still a better player. The only question with him is health, which if you're building a team is a big deal, but if you're just talking player comparison doesn't really enter the picture for me.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Just thinking ahead a bit, what, if anything, do we get at the deadline for this guy. A 7th? Maybe?
It's tough because the trade market is so limited. Very few teams would take him. You know the Bruins would never take him back because Seguin doesn't fit their system. Toronto would never want Seguin because they have spent years puffing out their chests about how much better Kessel was than a teenager. Really, no Canadian team would take him because the Toronto media has identified how little Seguin cares about playing. I mean, we all saw that one tweet from after the season ended. How much can a guy really care about hockey if he's willing to use twitter in the offseason.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Sure seems like Seguin is quickly going to become the most famous Dallas Star of all time. Well, after Hull. It's probably near impossible to pass Hull.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Well I'm able to play that video but I'm hearing no sound.

edit> after refreshing a few times it finally gave me sound.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad