OT: Tyler Seguin Appreciation Thread

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
I seen Ali post the Peverley thread so I figured Seguin should get a thread devoted to him too.

One of my favorite Bruins, shown flashes of greatness, but also showed to be too inconsistent, especially in the playoffs. I have no doubt in my mind he will be an elite player in this league, maybe he can fulfill that being the top dog in Dallas now.

I was pretty reluctant on moving Seguin, period. But, I think after a couple of hours to think this trade over we will benefit from it. Overall, it looks like a fair trade from both teams.

Good luck to Seguin, maybe one day he will come back to Boston and win a few more cups with us. :naughty:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The second period against Tampa in game 2 of 2011 playoffs is my all time favorite period and best performance all time by a player, thank u for that it was outer worldly

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
Good luck Seguin. It's a tough business. No ill will towards you from this fan. I personally think he will do really well in Dallas.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
hope he gets his head on right and becomes a star down there. Kid has all the skills now he just needs the direction.

SergeiSamsonov*

Tyler Seguin ‏@tylerseguin92 1m
I want to thank the fans of Boston for all your support you have been great. The city of Boston will forever be a part of me. #BostonStrong

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Because its the Dad in me. I hate seeing a kid being a dumbass when there is so much there.

pretty much how I feel to. must be a Dad thing.

I think you are spot on with moving him in with Rex. That would make this kid become the star that his talent would let him be if he got it together.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Right or wrong move, it still makes my heart hurt.

Wish the kid all the best, and honestly would love to see him back in Boston one day.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

2008 was the year I started to seriously follow the Bruins. 2010 was the year I watched and followed the draft that year and always wanted Tyler over Taylor. Big Seguin fan. I wish he would have panned out here. :cry:

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Guy was snake bitten in the playoffs. Played way better than his numbers

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Thank God they got Eriksson, or else I'd be beside myself.

Best of luck to you in Dallas. I always knew you'd be a Star! :sarcasm: *dun dun tiss*

I also think we gave up on him too quickly. But hockey is a business, this simply proves it. Looking forward to watching the new faces on the B's next season, and how he does in Dallas. Him and Benn will be something to see. He's a good kid, just a couple of issues. Recchi down there will help him out. Good luck, kid.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Shame it didn't work out. That said at least I have seen the Bruins pull this on 2 much better players in Thornton and Kessel recently and live to see another day. Both those guys were much better than the sack of crap we saw from Seguin in the playoffs. And I think things could havce gone from bad to worse here.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
What do we have to thank Seguin for? For taking a pile of $, opportunity and ice time and then no-showing (considering he is supposed to be a sniper) in the playoffs.

No thanks, don't give 2 ***** about Tyler Seguin.

Very good trade (for both teams).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad