Value of: Tyler Myers

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
A Myers trade wouldn't happen until Trouba & Morrissey are both re-signed. When both contracts are done it opens that road.
From TML the offer would have to include Liljegren & Pickard.

With Chiarot, a re-upped Poolman & top defense-in-waiting Niku the Jets could handle losing Myers a year early & Liljegren becomes the next top D prospect while being more valuable than the 1st rounder that the new improved forward corps alone will ensure.

The Leafs being in the playoffs is a given but unless they want another 1 & done that defense needs help now. Liljegren is a good piece for down the road a few years but the Tavares signing proves the idea is to win now. Getting past Boston/TB beats waiting & wondering "what if".

SOLD!!

Reactions: Troy

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Jets can't expect an A prospect back for Myers. He will still get back something nice but hes still a pending UFA that isn't a tough mins guy.

I think a 2nd rounder and an expendable NHLer is a realistic price tag for him. Teams know the Jets can't afford him anyway if Trouba signs.

Reactions: bobbythebrain

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Jets can't expect an A prospect back for Myers. He will still get back something nice but hes still a pending UFA that isn't a tough mins guy.

I think a 2nd rounder and an expendable NHLer is a realistic price tag for him. Teams know the Jets can't afford him anyway if Trouba signs.

I'm sure Toronto would accommodate the Jets in that instance. We've spend 2nd rounders for worse things.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
TOR fans scouting report on Rasanen and JD Greenway? What's their upside in the NHL...Would you do a 1st + ?

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Tyler Myers could go to one of these 4 teams.
1. Philadelphia
2. New York Islanders
3. Buffalo
4. Montreal

Wayne Simmonds + Hagg + 2nd pick

For

Myers + Lemieux

Simmonds and Myers are both on expiring contracts. Flyers just signed JVR and Jets need to sign Trouba so both are most likely on the way out.

Hagg replaces Myers and Lemieux replaces Simmonds for depth purposes. Both are young physical players. However, the deal can be done without them included.

Flyers add a 2nd or 3rd based on the value of a dman over forward.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Wayne Simmonds + Hagg + 2nd pick

For

Myers + Lemieux

Simmonds and Myers are both on expiring contracts. Flyers just signed JVR and Jets need to sign Trouba so both are most likely on the way out.

Hagg replaces Myers and Lemieux replaces Simmonds for depth purposes. Both are young physical players. However, the deal can be done without them included.

Flyers add a 2nd or 3rd based on the value of a dman over forward.
No interest whatsoever. Start with your 1st and add.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL

That's less than bottom pairing guys get at the deadline.

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
Value is right but makes more sense for Jets next off season they don't need the cap dump this year

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
TOR fans scouting report on Rasanen and JD Greenway? What's their upside in the NHL...Would you do a 1st + ?

Both are project big defenseman, Greenway is trending poorly. Rasanen is tracking steadily, he's playing in the KHL this year for a team based in Finland. Don't think his worth is any lower (if at all) than his pick status (i.e. a 2nd).

Agreed, nice take on it. Should be said though that I think Chevy will just let him expire (most likely, or at least see what happens with Trouba and let him expire, simultaneously) like what we did with JVR/Bozak. Jets are a contender now.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Except this never happened. Poolman played 12 minutes a game and frankly wasn’t very good in them. To say he’s equivalent to Myers is laughable

I don’t think he said he was as good as Myers. Just that he can play 3rd pair minutes. Poolman played at a 3rd paining level last year. He’s still got room to improve. Local talk has been about Myers playing the left side.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
if myers plays the left side we keep him and hope we go as far as we can and let him walk as ufa and thank him for everything hes done for us offer him a 4.5 x 5 if he performs well on left side and let kulikov walk.

he shld be someone the leafs target in the next off season though if they can afford it

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Expecting/hoping Myers plays LHD with buff on 2nd pairing this season. Myers did this at points last year and seemed ok at it.

Josh M & Trouba
Myers & Buff
Kul & Poolman/Chariot

Very solid D core. Niku is chomping at the bit to break into the NHL this season after Being voted top Dman in the entire AHL. Good chance Niku gets his chance this season as a injury fill in for Kul or Myers if either get injured.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
I doubt we will be trading him at the deadline if we are in a playoff position.
My point is he's easily worth more than that at the deadline and especially now when a team would get him for a full year.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
What would it take to get him on the Leafs?

2019 1st + Kasperi Kapanen?
Pass from Toronto.
Myers isn't worth near that. Maybe the 1st and a small plus at most.

With TO's cap space this year, I suspect they're going to add a dman at the deadline so I'd rather not handicap them with Myers.

Worst case, I'd do a Gardiner for Myers swap.

Value/impact of player
Gardiner>Myers

Contract status
Gardiner<Myers

scarbrow21

Feb 15, 2017
Winnipeg
You should hand in your membership of anything jet related cause you clearly don't know what the jets need.
I'll spell it out for you because clearly you're a Homer fan and have a lack of understanding yourself and just want to criticize someone else for having an opinion:
The Jets Need:
-Cap space (this year and next for Morrisey, Trouba, Helley, Connor, Laine, Wheeler, Lowry etc.) This year we need if for key RFAs as well as Bonus covereage to not suffer an overage next year when we need it most.
-A defense that defends well (Myers isn't that. He puts up points but he's not good defensively and I'd love to hear your argument that he does!) We've got goal scoring forwards in spades and more coming, we need our D-Core to focus on keeping the puck out of the net and quick puck movement out of the zone
-Assets to keep the train rolling (ELCs will becoming increasingly importent the next 3-5 years to extend the window while all the current guys get PAID)

I could write you a list 10 pages long but those are the specifics relating to my initial opinion. I've done the math many times and played with the salary cap rigorously and though Myers wouldn't be my first choice to be moved (Kulikov, Chiarot, heck even Perrault), but he's the logical choice because A) Poolman can play the 3rd pairing minutes B) He would actually garner assets not COST assets (Kulikov, Chiarot) C) His value is highly inflated due to scoring numbers and counting stats which hide his underlying numbers for some D) RHD are the most coveted item in the NHL right now E) You can't spend 11M on a third pairing defense.

Reactions: GMpuckFan66

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
I'll spell it out for you because clearly you're a Homer fan and have a lack of understanding yourself and just want to criticize someone else for having an opinion:
The Jets Need:
-Cap space (this year and next for Morrisey, Trouba, Helley, Connor, Laine, Wheeler, Lowry etc.) This year we need if for key RFAs as well as Bonus covereage to not suffer an overage next year when we need it most.
-A defense that defends well (Myers isn't that. He puts up points but he's not good defensively and I'd love to hear your argument that he does!) We've got goal scoring forwards in spades and more coming, we need our D-Core to focus on keeping the puck out of the net and quick puck movement out of the zone
-Assets to keep the train rolling (ELCs will becoming increasingly importent the next 3-5 years to extend the window while all the current guys get PAID)

I could write you a list 10 pages long but those are the specifics relating to my initial opinion. I've done the math many times and played with the salary cap rigorously and though Myers wouldn't be my first choice to be moved (Kulikov, Chiarot, heck even Perrault), but he's the logical choice because A) Poolman can play the 3rd pairing minutes B) He would actually garner assets not COST assets (Kulikov, Chiarot) C) His value is highly inflated due to scoring numbers and counting stats which hide his underlying numbers for some D) RHD are the most coveted item in the NHL right now E) You can't spend 11M on a third pairing defense.
Wow this confirms how right my opinion of you was. Continue on your summer break.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad