Value of: Tyler Myers

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
What would it take to get him on the Leafs?

2019 1st + Kasperi Kapanen?
We need Kap and his cheap cap hit and possible upside. Fine with the 2019 1st. Fans in Peg were none to pleased with the idea of moving on from him-my offer was Gardiner and 1st provided he was extended.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Wingers aren't really needed. Gardiner is ok but the Jets have some cap crunch considerations to take into account and I'm not too thrilled with moving Myers for another guy who will either need a raise or move on after this year.

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
Tyler Myers could go to one of these 4 teams.
1. Philadelphia
2. New York Islanders
3. Buffalo
4. Montreal

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
What are wpg needs a middle 6 center not much else. They are loaded all around and looking to compete. Prospects are good too.
Myers helps them out they would need more then myers value for any reason to move him. Same reason leafs didn't move bozak and jvr they wanted to compete.

From the leafs I'm assuming they would want gardiner+ a decent center idk maybe par lindholm by tdl if he's shown he can be a quality bottom 6 center idk. Just doenst make sense. Bozak+ gardiner last year would be perfect if bozak had another year but just not the case.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
WPG needs to offer a new deal to Trouba. Not sure if they're willing to pay the price and likely keeping Myers as insurance if the contract goes badly.

Reactions: north49er

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Wingers aren't really needed. Gardiner is ok but the Jets have some cap crunch considerations to take into account and I'm not too thrilled with moving Myers for another guy who will either need a raise or move on after this year.
If Myers goes it should mean that the jets have locked trouba in long term. If they can’t secure trouba long term yen they will extend Myers and move trouba.

The return for Myers would likely be younger cheaper assets as trouba likely would be signed long term at a hit over $7 million to buy out ufa years.

So, the jets are unlikely to be wanting to land nylander who will command a big salary.

See what teams will offer what the jets would want.

But, this is all dependent on extending trouba first z

Reactions: north49er

DJIncognito

Jun 9, 2007

Zaitsev is locked up for a while :naughty:

scarbrow21

Feb 15, 2017
Winnipeg
2019 1st (lottery protected just cuz...yeh I know Tavares but you need assurances)
Kapanen
Pickard or Sparks

for

Myers (with out without extension)
Marko Dano

Reactions: mapleleafs34

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
It's a good offer, but I don't think the Jets are interested in moving Myers so I believe they decline.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
2019 1st (lottery protected just cuz...yeh I know Tavares but you need assurances)
Kapanen
Pickard or Sparks

for

Myers (with out without extension)
Marko Dano
Love to downgrade the team when they are legitimate contenders to save ownership salary cap space they don’t need :rolleyes:

scarbrow21

Feb 15, 2017
Winnipeg
Love to downgrade the team when they are legitimate contenders to save ownership salary cap space they don’t need :rolleyes:

See but the thing is it's not a downgrade. Myers though good offensively, is not so good defensively and is gone after next season regardless. Poolman has shown he's more then capable of 3rd pairing minutes at 1/5th the cost of Myers. Kapanen would be an excellent addition to the forward group, and is an upgrade on Dano. The 1st gets us 2 next year to keep cupboards stocked and the window open much longer and Sparks or Pickard gets us a solid back up at a value cost. Regardless of what you think, we need that CAP space for bonuses to not suffer an overage when we need it most in re-signing Connor, Laine and Wheeler.

scarbrow21

Feb 15, 2017
Winnipeg
Terrible for the Jets. We have zero need for Kapanen and the rest doesn't get Myers.
This applies to you too

See but the thing is it's not a downgrade. Myers though good offensively, is not so good defensively and is gone after next season regardless. Poolman has shown he's more then capable of 3rd pairing minutes at 1/5th the cost of Myers. Kapanen would be an excellent addition to the forward group, and is an upgrade on Dano. The 1st gets us 2 next year to keep cupboards stocked and the window open much longer and Sparks or Pickard gets us a solid back up at a value cost. Regardless of what you think, we need that CAP space for bonuses to not suffer an overage when we need it most in re-signing Connor, Laine and Wheeler.

Reactions: Hulide

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Except this never happened. Poolman played 12 minutes a game and frankly wasn’t very good in them. To say he’s equivalent to Myers is laughable

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Not my choice as either a rental or long term piece and the cost would be high.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
You should hand in your membership of anything jet related cause you clearly don't know what the jets need.

Reactions: Snowman

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
A Myers trade wouldn't happen until Trouba & Morrissey are both re-signed. When both contracts are done it opens that road.
From TML the offer would have to include Liljegren & Pickard.

With Chiarot, a re-upped Poolman & top defense-in-waiting Niku the Jets could handle losing Myers a year early & Liljegren becomes the next top D prospect while being more valuable than the 1st rounder that the new improved forward corps alone will ensure.

The Leafs being in the playoffs is a given but unless they want another 1 & done that defense needs help now. Liljegren is a good piece for down the road a few years but the Tavares signing proves the idea is to win now. Getting past Boston/TB beats waiting & wondering "what if".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad