Value of: Tyler Myers

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
Yeah, this year is not the problem. Next year though, one of Trouba, Myers or Buff will really have to go. The question is when is this move made for maximal impact, for now and the future. I have confidence Chevy has a pretty good handle on it.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Jets can't expect an A prospect back for Myers. He will still get back something nice but hes still a pending UFA that isn't a tough mins guy.

I think a 2nd rounder and an expendable NHLer is a realistic price tag for him. Teams know the Jets can't afford him anyway if Trouba signs.

Agree with this. Myers is a 3rd pairing guy who can move up for a few games here and there. There's been a long wait for him to realize potential beyond that, it hasn't happened and it probably won't. Any team that is into analytics won't value him nearly as much as any team that looks at a roster and goes OMFG 6'8 guy who can skate! I doubt the Leafs would even want him.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
It doesn't make sense for Toronto because they have enough offense. They need a RHD who can keep the puck out of the net.

I think his reach is something Babcock can abuse in his interruptive interference defense scheme. The threat of his poke check should slow down forwards at our blueline just enough for one of our wingers to get in for support.

Same idea as how they used Marincin to great effect in the AHL playoffs but with offensive skill and without the sheer panic when he gets the puck.

The injury concerns are a much bigger deal to me than his defensive game. Maybe not his defensive game in a vacuum but what his specific set of traits can bring to our overall defensive scheme. I think him and Rielly would be better than the sum of their parts just because of how their styles mesh.

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
Would rather something around Nylander for Trouba. More would have to be added but those would be the main pieces.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Weber is out in Montreal so they badly need a top D - but do they have anything of interest for the Jets?

RandomJetsFan

Apr 19, 2014
manitoba
Wouldn't it be better for the present to just keep Myers as an own rental and not trade the upcoming first rounder keep restocking while letting the younger guys get the revolving door moving so the jets remain competitive and contend with the current core

Reactions: JetsHomer

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
True enough. They need a LHD more than anything. Perhaps add Gardiner and something small from the Jets?
So you're saying Gardiner and Kapanen and a 1st for Trouba and a small plus?
If so, dream on. That would be of no interest to the Jets.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
This is the point where, as a Leafs fan, i get to use HF's favorite saying...."you will need to overpay to get Kadri".
Yep.
Jets fans will balk but if we're talking Kadri, we're talking about Trouba not Myers.
30g 2-way centers making 4.5 mil long-term don't come cheap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad