Player Discussion Tyler Myers thread

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Some posters are 'breaking their ankles', leaping off the Myers bandwagon. But you just knew that his play in October was something of a mirage. He's still rushing the puck a little and shows some flashes, but his play with Edler has been largely atrocious this month. And it doesn't show much signs of getting better. They're definitely going to have to break that pairing up.

The skinny on Myers in Winterpeg, was that he was a good depth defender, who could give you some decent second unit pp time. But while he was a better than average 5-6 d-man, he struggled when they had move him into the top four. Sounds about right to me. Of course as Jimbo is wont do to with free agents, he's being paid as if he is a top-four guy.

But don't get me started on the number of Canucks who are 'under-performing' their contract number.

Reactions: timw33

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
You went on an obscenity-laced tirade when the team took Pettersson over Vilardi.

Has nothing to do with Tyler Myers. But it doesn't surprise me to see people use red herrings when they are in a position that they're wrong and I was proven right.

And as I've mentioned over and over but you continue to ignore because it doesn't suit your narrative: I liked Pettersson as a prospect. I just liked Vilardi more. Was probably wrong to like Vilardi more given how great Pettersson has been (not the only one though), but no one predicted Vilardi's catastrophic back injury. Remember the guy who I had boldly ranked number 1 in that draft? Cale Makar. ;)

Reactions: Pavel96

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
And as I've mentioned over and over but you continue to ignore because it doesn't suit your narrative: I liked Pettersson as a prospect. I just liked Vilardi more. Was probably wrong to like Vilardi more given how great Pettersson has been (not the only one though), but no one predicted Vilardi's catastrophic back injury. Remember the guy who I had boldly ranked number 1 in that draft? Cale Makar. ;)

You had Nolan Patrick as your #1. :popcorn:

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
Will Loui be playing better "along with the rest of them"?
If you're going to put something in quotes, at least get it right.

I thought this was the Tyler Myers thread, but ok I'll bite.

Loui is not good. I never said he was good. I just think far too many people spend far too much time pointing to his less than ten minutes of low event play as a reason the Canucks are not playing well. This thread is a perfect example. This discussion should be focussed on Myers but here we are discussing Loui again because some of you can't let it go. My opinion - which is only an opinion because it could never be verified - is that if Goldobin, MacEwan or anyone else in Utica played his minutes, the Canucks would not have a single point more in the standings than they have now. I have said before - and I'll say again - that the Canucks should keep him until the end of the season, pay out his bonus, and either trade him to a cap floor team or tell him that he will be sent to Utica at which point he will hopefully retire. If they desperately need the cap space, he can be bought out.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I did many rankings that year, I suppose selectively in my mind I was thinking of the one where I had Makar at 1. Oh well.

Either way, why is it that whenever Benning Bros are proven wrong about something they argued hard against they resort to red herrings like this?

Or argue that people who are fans should be held to the same standard as people that are paid and devote all their time to the game are.

it’s so stupid arguing that our 50/50 record is the equivalent of bennings 50/50 record when someone has 100x the resources and time dedicated to these things than us.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
If you're going to put something in quotes, at least get it right.

I thought this was the Tyler Myers thread, but ok I'll bite.

Loui is not good. I never said he was good. I just think far too many people spend far too much time pointing to his less than ten minutes of low event play as a reason the Canucks are not playing well. This thread is a perfect example. This discussion should be focussed on Myers but here we are discussing Loui again because some of you can't let it go. My opinion - which is only an opinion because it could never be verified - is that if Goldobin, MacEwan or anyone else in Utica played his minutes, the Canucks would not have a single point more in the standings than they have now. I have said before - and I'll say again - that the Canucks should keep him until the end of the season, pay out his bonus, and either trade him to a cap floor team or tell him that he will be sent to Utica at which point he will hopefully retire. If they desperately need the cap space, he can be bought out.
Lol could you feel your hair as my point flew right over your head?

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
I did many rankings that year, I suppose selectively in my mind I was thinking of the one where I had Makar at 1. Oh well.

Either way, why is it that whenever Benning Bros are proven wrong about something they argued hard against they resort to red herrings like this?
I'm still waiting for someone to respond to your initial post with something, anything even positive about Myers himself. Instead they just want to talk about you and predictions from years ago.

Reactions: xtra and y2kcanucks

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
I'm still waiting for someone to respond to your initial post with something, anything even positive about Myers himself. Instead they just want to talk about you and predictions from years ago.
Don't hold your breath.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

Me too. But once they throw out the red herrings it's over. They won't acknowledge it.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006

He's 6'8"... :dunno:

Of course he's not going to be as bad as this current stretch suggests, but that's a heavy contract. Not looking forward to seeing him play it all the way out. Ah well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad