Can't . . .

. . . help . . .

. . . myself . . .

xsz497k.gif

I need this put to this music.

Reactions: I am toxic

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
He's not used to generate offense, not used as a shut down guy, he's used as a kind of do-it-all stabilizing solid dman. He's probably not worth the cap hit, but generally speaking he's a hell and i mean A HELL of an upgrade over Gudbranson or Pouliot. Like, having Myers over Guds/Pouliott over 82 games would legit get your team 8 - 10 points , maybe more over the course of a season, maybe more.

Krnuckfan

Oct 11, 2006
Fully willing to admit I was 100% wrong about this player. He wasn't playing hard minutes in winnipeg last year and I weighed that too heavily in making assumptions about the player. His d partners were garbage last year as well and now he gets to play with Edler who is *mostly* a steady stabilizing force on the backend.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Fully willing to admit I was 100% wrong about this player. He wasn't playing hard minutes in winnipeg last year and I weighed that too heavily in making assumptions about the player. His d partners were garbage last year as well and now he gets to play with Edler who is *mostly* a steady stabilizing force on the backend.

Ya. It's called defensive pairings for a reason. Edler and Myers have been good together. With that said, Edler is probably extremely underrated around here as seemingly everyone is better with Edler than without.

Reactions: Canucks5551

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Should be an emotional night for him tonight.
Him and Miller have had big positive impacts to date. Hope it keeps going and would be nice to see him get a goal soon

Canucks5551

Jun 1, 2005
Put me in the camp that misjudged Myers. I think his partners in Winnipeg must have dragged down his numbers more than I thought because he’s looked very solid here.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
He’s above average in all 3 zones. Good offensively and has decent speed for a big guy. Like what I see, makes the odd error here and there but brings so much to the table that it’s not an issue, effective player.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
So far i am 100% correct about Myers.........so finally there's something to brag about.:thumbu:

In all seriousness i thought i must have missed a lot of his really bad games the way people were describing him because he is playing as i saw him without as much scoring as i had hoped, but i feel like that will come.

Its a long contract though so there will be some rough roads ahead. Lets just hope he keeps skating as well as he has so we can keep the top4 shored up. We have almost nothing in the system in terms of top4 guys and very soon will have 3 30+ yr olds

Reactions: lindgren

perrykaravello

John Garrett's Peanut Butter Jar
Aug 15, 2004
Where did his offense go?
On pace for 15 points.

Has a career average of 34 points per season over 82 games.

I think he's been horrendous defensively and doesn't shoot the puck at all. Two primary points all season and is getting over 21 minutes a game.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
On pace for 15 points.

Has a career average of 34 points per season over 82 games.

I think he's been horrendous defensively and doesn't shoot the puck at all. Two primary points all season and is getting over 21 minutes a game.
Too late – it was decided in the first month of a five-year contract that all the data was wrong.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Appreciation thread.
The other team sure does appreciate his unforced icings allowing the other team to get their rested top line over the boards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad