Player Discussion Tyler Myers thread

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
He had a few iffy moments lastnite but he really played well overall..

If this is playoff Myers we could and should lock him up for 1 year contracts at a team friendly cap hit.

1 year x 3 M until his play really falls off a cliff.
He is still fast, skating well.

3 years at 3.5 to 4 mil, who is going to replace that range on the right hand side.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
he is acutally playing well in the playoffs no "dumb penalties yet" protects the crease. the game 1 where he shoved a predator on their ass was pretty funny. at least he moves the puck and shoots at the goalie unlike some others

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Fact. Myers didn’t play in our only loss in this series.

Myers is durable as f*** and will throw down if he needs to.

Myers has also never mailed it in. He has screwed up plenty but the effort has always been there and I’ve never seen him throw a tantrum or pout.

DPetey could learn a lot from Zads and Myers.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Wouldn't offer more than 1 yr for Myers.

He is important to us in this playoff run and he had a great season. Tocchet and the coaching staff really turned his game around when they had Myers start to simplify his game. That being said, this player plays a role that is replaceable in free agency. We won't have to commit any term in that route - look at Ian Cole.

It's a really interesting off season for this management group. We will see and understand much more what they prioritize on a hockey team with all the CAP available and some of the decisions they have to make on players like Myers. If we commit 3 yrs to Myers I will have concerns...even after all the right Alvin has done this year. I don't know maybe I'm stubborn on my opinion of Myers I'm just not aligned with the player, his abilities, his age and his likely demands going forward.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
myers, 1 year 2.75m get it done.
or if he wants 2 years, then 2m per.

no more than 2 years. considering what that is as a percentage of cap relative to what he brings? it's a steal, even if he is the whipping boy

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Myers play as of late has been excellent. Been very impressed with him in the playoffs.
He was the best dman on the team in the covid games.

It is not just the playoffs either, ever since he hasn't had to be the go to guy for rookies and playing more minutes than he should have been he has been reborn in this group.

As far as the cap, Cole could/will be replaced possibly with Juulsen saving 2 mil.

I think the team could keep just about all the defence, well as described by the media, the best bottom 4 in the league without adding to any more to the cap especially if Hronek is traded and another giant is traded for.

The idea that the Canucks can run 3 different goalies in the playoffs and have success is testimony to the defence Rutherford/Allvin have constructed and Myers is a key player especially in playoffs......so far.

4 mil is easy for him and 6 mil for Zadorov, that 10 mil will be chump change in 3 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad