Proposal: Tyler Myers AND Steve Mason to your team

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Beaulieu and a 3rd
For
Myers and Mason

Winnipeg saves 7.2 million in cap space.
Beaulieu does absolutely nothing for us. Your second rounder this year must be in play, as well as a high-level prospect.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Beaulieu does absolutely nothing for us. Your second rounder this year must be in play, as well as a high-level prospect.

I wouldn’t put a high level prospect in play for Myers alone (1 year UFA).

Mason is a straight cap dump.

Reactions: Chainshot

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I wouldn’t put a high level prospect in play for Myers alone (1 year UFA).

Mason is a straight cap dump.
Myers is also a top 4 RHD who we can keep for next year. We do not have to make a bad deal with anyone.

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
From a Jets POV an interesting idea. I'm really going back and forth on what a package like that could/should return. My inital thought was a high 2nd + B prospect but someone mentioned Hamonic's return and that makes sense as a starting point for Myers, adding Mason would decrease from that but not a ton so maybe a late 1st/high 2nd + B prospect + C/D prospect OR a mid pick.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
How about we swap out Bear for Benning instead?
See, if the Oilers fans whose posts I have seen this year had not called for Benning's head the whole year, it would be much easier to accept...

I would say no. Not enough value coming back if it is Benning.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
From a Jets POV an interesting idea. I'm really going back and forth on what a package like that could/should return. My inital thought was a high 2nd + B prospect but someone mentioned Hamonic's return and that makes sense as a starting point for Myers, adding Mason would decrease from that but not a ton so maybe a late 1st/high 2nd + B prospect + C/D prospect OR a mid pick.
Hamonic had tons of term left compared to Myers

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
So the Jets downgrade their team next year when they don’t even need cap space? So dumb. Both of these contracts expire before the Jets cap crunch will take place. The Jets have 25.6m in capspace to resign Hellebuyck, Morrissey, Trouba and Lowry. More than enough

Last edited:

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
Unless you're trying to sign Stastny why do this? Both are up before we need the cap space. With that said the Leafs jump all over the chance to get a top 4 d man that expires before they need the cap space for their ELC's

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Connor (.9m) - Scheifele (6.1m) - Wheeler (5.6m)

Ehlers (6m) - Little(5.3) - Laine (.9m)

Perreault (4.1) - Lowry (2.5) - Armia ( .9)

Copp (.9) - Roslovic (.9) - Tanev (.8)

Dano (.9)

Morrissey (6m) - Byfuglien (7.6)
Kulikov (4.1) - Trouba (6m)
Niku (.9) - Myers (5.5)
Poolman (.9)

Hellebuyck (5m)
Mason (4.1m)

75.9m total, 4.1m in capspace with a 80m dollar cap. Where is the need to move players coming from? We even have space for when Laine inevitably ends up top 10 in goals and hits his bonuses

Reactions: Hunter368

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
My 2 cents...Jet's lost their late first round pick next year for Stastny, so I would think a replacement draft pick would be of interest.

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
Neither Lucic nor Russell.

Bear and your second this year, I guess. Montoya could be an addition to shed a little money.
How about Jones instead of Bear. Oilers should definitely hang on to bear. Projects as a Tyson Barrie type top 4 guy in 2 to 3 years.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

Hamonic has years of below market term...

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Hamonic has years of below market term...

This is what's missing from Myers proposals/asks as well as his play. He's not a top 4 D. If he's in your top 4 you're probably a bad team. He can fill in for awhile but he's overwhelmed with top 4 matchups. His ideal role is bottom pair. He adds some value on special teams.

I think the Jets would reasonably expect one good asset for Myers. A non-lottery 1st or a 2nd round pick from a lottery team OR a similarly valued prospect.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
This is what's missing from Myers proposals/asks as well as his play. He's not a top 4 D. If he's in your top 4 you're probably a bad team. He can fill in for awhile but he's overwhelmed with top 4 matchups. His ideal role is bottom pair. He adds some value on special teams.

I think the Jets would reasonably expect one good asset for Myers. A non-lottery 1st or a 2nd round pick from a lottery team OR a similarly valued prospect.

And then what does taking Mason’s entire contract reduce the return to?

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Connor (.9m) - Scheifele (6.1m) - Wheeler (5.6m)

Ehlers (6m) - Little(5.3) - Laine (.9m)

Perreault (4.1) - Lowry (2.5) - Armia ( .9)

Copp (.9) - Roslovic (.9) - Tanev (.8)

Dano (.9)

Morrissey (6m) - Byfuglien (7.6)
Kulikov (4.1) - Trouba (6m)
Niku (.9) - Myers (5.5)
Poolman (.9)

Hellebuyck (5m)
Mason (4.1m)

75.9m total, 4.1m in capspace with a 80m dollar cap. Where is the need to move players coming from? We even have space for when Laine inevitably ends up top 10 in goals and hits his bonuses

There's no way Armia, Lowry, and Tanev sign for that little. 100k per point isn't that unreasonable. You also only have 22 players, we hit 28 players at one point. LTIR isn't a good option due to bonuses. We NEED to avoid a bonus overage so we have space to give to Wheeler, Laine, and Connor the following season.

Reactions: Rubixpube

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad