Proposal: Tyler Myers AND Steve Mason to your team

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Islanders should be interested to get Myers. Any interest in taking Greiss back?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Islanders should be interested to get Myers. Any interest in taking Greiss back?

Nope....only reason to trade Myers in theory is make cap space...not take bad cap space back.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Maurice mentioned that if you exclude Mason’s first eight periods of play (when the Jets were playing bad team defence at the very start of,the year), Mason posted a .917 save percentage.

He’s still a very good goalie. Just ran into injury problems this year.

I wouldn’t package him with Myers though.

And LOL at someone trying to pass Lucic back at us. As if.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I could see some interest from Toronto if they lose out on Carlson this summer and they can get an extension done. Hainsey fills in on the second pairing and Ozhiganov likely plays out bottom pairing if all the reports are correct with him coming over. Liljegren plays another season with the Marlies.

Mason would likely be shipped to the Marlies and traded at the TDL for a bag of pucks.

What kind of ask?

The only point of trading Myers is to create cap space, so don't offer any back or it pretty much kills the deal. One year of Myers after a very good year and remained healthy. Some kind of package likely containing one or more of the following depending on the quality of each:

- top 9 young C
- top 4 D prospect (either side), don't offer Carrick he doesn't qualify.
- Picks

Don't offer, wingers, cap coming back, goalies, older players, UFA's, etc. Not packaging Mason with Myers, Mason would be traded separately.

Last edited:

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Maurice mentioned that if you exclude Mason’s first eight periods of play (when the Jets were playing bad team defence at the very start of,the year), Mason posted a .917 save percentage.

He’s still a very good goalie. Just ran into injury problems this year.

I wouldn’t package him with Myers though.

And LOL at someone trying to pass Lucic back at us. As if.

Yup.

I know....Lucic right.....not in a million years. I warned people not to give him a big deal bc it would turn ugly fast and it did.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Its pretty hard to create cap space these days. GMs love signing crazy deals, but they won't take on salary. 31 teams want to shed salary.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Nope....only reason to trade Myers in theory is make cap space...not take bad cap space back.

I’d probably still be interested but NYI would likely not be because they would have to buyout either Mason or Greiss.

Interesting idea though.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
The only point of trading Myers is to create cap space, so don't offer any back or it pretty much kills the deal. One year of Myers after a very good year and remained healthy. Some kind of package likely containing one or more of the following depending on the quality of each:

- top 9 young C
- Picks

Don't offer, wingers, cap coming back, goalies, older players, UFA's, etc. Not packaging Mason with Myers, Mason would be traded separately.

You got a cap dump at 4 Million and yes a good 2nd pairing RHD on most SC contenders. Both are UFA’s at the end of the year. You expect to get a top 9 C or top 4 D prospect ? Get over yourself. You’ll get picks and B prospects unless there is a sign and trade with Myers. You have a ton of RFA’s and I suspect Trouba, Helly and a few others a gonna get some serious Do Ra Me.

Thoughts are

Myers
Mason
2nd

Gardiner
4th

You guys need LHD
We need RHD

Taking Mason plus the second is equal to the 4th.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

- top 9 young C
- Picks

I mean, its perfectly fine to feel this way( and I would agree that it's a bad idea to package them because you limit the market) , but this thread is specifically about moving them Together, so

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
You got a cap dump at 4 Million and yes a good 2nd pairing RHD on most SC contenders. Both are UFA’s at the end of the year. You expect to get a top 9 C or top 4 D prospect ? Get over yourself. You’ll get picks and B prospects unless there is a sign and trade with Myers. You have a ton of RFA’s and I suspect Trouba, Helly and a few others a gonna get some serious Do Ra Me.

Thoughts are

Myers
Mason
2nd

Gardiner
4th

You guys need LHD
We need RHD

You didn't read my post:

Not taking cap back....Gardiner is out bc it defeats the whole intent of trading Myers. If we wanted to keep that cap hit we would just keep Myers lol.

Not packaging Mason and Myers.

Cap next year isn't any issue, it's the year after next that becomes an issue. Toby, Matthias are gone on expiring deals this summer that's 7.5 million there. Myers will be traded for an decent return if desired, 5.5 million there. Mason can be traded who has a 4 million cap hit by us throwing in a mid round pick or one of many C/D prospects we have a rebuilding team, very easy. So we can clear 17+ million in cap this summer with ease and sign all our RFA's no issue.

So your offer doesn't even qualify as a real offer.....no thx. Easy to understand, you will notice not I didn't say anything negative about Gardiner he just isn't needed or desired.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I mean, its perfectly fine to feel this way( and I would agree that it's a bad idea to package them because you limit the market) , but this thread is specifically about moving them Together, so

It's a fictional trade thread, OP is the starting point in all of these threads and the OP never last as it stands.....it's always modified.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

Thoughts are

Myers
Mason
2nd

Gardiner
4th

You guys need LHD
We need RHD

Myers for 2018 1st +. We do not need Gardiner, and we also do not have to dump Mason just yet.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Myers for NJDs 1st or 2nd+promising D prospect? We could use C prospects too.. How's Mcleod doing btw?

2018 1st+Boqvist for Myers? If Hamonic got 1st+2nd+2nd, Myers should be worth a nice bit

The problem is, Devils have already traded their 2rd and 3rd picks for next draft, trading the first too would mean no draft picks till the 4rd round... not sure if I could stomach that (although it would be fair value for Myers).

McLeod hasn't progressed much offensively judging by his stats, still love his speed/tenacity/hands and he should fit nicely in Devils' system, though. I'd love him on the Devils but realistic there's a lot of teams that could outbid Shero here.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Cap next year isn't any issue, it's the year after next that becomes an issue.

Toby, Matthias are gone on expiring deals this summer that's 7.5 million there.

The extensions Little and Ehlers that kick in next have already used up most of the saving from Enstrom and Matthias and we need to find another 15+ million to give raises to Trouba, Morrissey, Lowry and Hellebuyck. If the cap goes up to $80 million we probably still need to dump 1-4 million to get everyone signed for next year.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
The extensions Little and Ehlers that kick in next have already used up most of the saving from Enstrom and Matthias and we need to find another 15+ million to give raises to Trouba, Morrissey, Lowry and Hellebuyck. If the cap goes up to $80 million we probably still need to dump 1-4 million to get everyone signed for next year.

One guy will likely need a bridge, Helle or Josh I'm guessing which isn't terrible thing

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Why not keep Myers?

I know Poolman is probably ready, but you have another year to absorb the cap hits and still contend. I'd move Mason to a team like BUF or NYI who are starved for a goalie, and add a piece like Dano as incentive for taking on the cap hit.

There will be plenty of suitors for Myers separately should that be the route WPG goes.

The farm is stacked so you have a ton of options to use to replace NHL options, it's a matter of what keeps you elite versus not. Given the currency you have, there's no reason to pay a premium to remove a cap hit.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
One guy will likely need a bridge, Helle or Josh I'm guessing which isn't terrible thing
Sign JoMo now long term before he breaks out offensively imo.

I think Pesce could be a comparable for Morrissey. ~5.5%-6% of % of Cap

Reactions: Hunter368

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Its pretty hard to create cap space these days. GMs love signing crazy deals, but they won't take on salary. 31 teams want to shed salary.
Shed salary if needed or bad salaries. Players with acceptable salaries that are good are desired. Jets have such players.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
To Vancouver for a package. Nilsson would probably have to go the other way.

The Canucks have a glut of assets - what are Winnipeg's needs?
I think the Jets may have the same problem....a glut of assets. They're going to need cap relief. They might look to moving Little, Myers, Mason, Perrault and maybe even Trouba if he wants out.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
I understand that, plus Matthias is gone....so that’s about 17.5 million gone this summer all very easily without a big impact to our lineup. Myers would be the biggest lost of the group and he’s been playing 3rd pairing and PP. Now I agree the following year after next will get complicated......but next year is not a concern tbh.
Add Morrow too at $650K

Reactions: Hunter368

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad