Proposal: Tyler Myers AND Steve Mason to your team

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Myers 5.5 cap hit 3 salary expires summer 2019
Mason 4.1 cap hit 4.1 salary expires summer 2019

Cap hit total 9.6
Salary total 7.1

Package only any interest?

this kinda packages screams salary dump if mason is attached.
return would be pretty small if the 4mil backup tender is handcuffed to myers

Reactions: MagnumForce2

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Connor (.9m) - Scheifele (6.1m) - Wheeler (5.6m)

Ehlers (6m) - Little(5.3) - Laine (.9m)

Perreault (4.1) - Lowry (2.5) - Armia ( .9)

Copp (.9) - Roslovic (.9) - Tanev (.8)

Dano (.9)

Morrissey (6m) - Byfuglien (7.6)
Kulikov (4.1) - Trouba (6m)
Niku (.9) - Myers (5.5)
Poolman (.9)

Hellebuyck (5m)
Mason (4.1m)

75.9m total, 4.1m in capspace with a 80m dollar cap. Where is the need to move players coming from? We even have space for when Laine inevitably ends up top 10 in goals and hits his bonuses

Pretty sure both Helly and Trouba would get offersheets for contracts that low. Both STL and EDM would take Helly for 6 per. Trouba I see hitting closer to 7. Remember they are stating the cap likely to go up 5 million this summer.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Myers 5.5 cap hit 3 salary expires summer 2019
Mason 4.1 cap hit 4.1 salary expires summer 2019

Cap hit total 9.6
Salary total 7.1

Package only any interest?

If we could make the cap work, you add your 1st and we send you our 2nd and a "B" level prospect.

Honestly, we'd be doing YOU a favor by taking them on.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Pretty sure both Helly and Trouba would get offersheets for contracts that low. Both STL and EDM would take Helly for 6 per. Trouba I see hitting closer to 7. Remember they are stating the cap likely to go up 5 million this summer.

Those contracts are close to market. Trouba is a 0.5 PPG D man, 6 mil is market I'd say. It's all the smaller contracts that he's completely off.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
If we could make the cap work, you add your 1st and we send you our 2nd and a "B" level prospect.

Honestly, we'd be doing YOU a favor by taking them on.

Except we don't have a first and would be looking to add one. Or a high 2nd.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
this kinda packages screams salary dump if mason is attached.
return would be pretty small if the 4mil backup tender is handcuffed to myers

If you ignore his first couple games his sv% is actually pretty good around 917. Cherry picking I know but he's not as much of a dump as some think.

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
Myers actual value if traded individually
minus
The price it would cost you to unload Mason individually (prospect, draft pick)
equals
Close to the value you can expect for both of them packaged together if you can find a team that has the cap space to take on both.

If you need the cap space, you might have take the best offer that is presented, Correct me if I am wrong but that is 9.6 million dollars in cap space. So ie you are paying Tyler Myers 9.6 million for 1 year in hopes that you can resign him.....and you get a mediocre backup goalie as a bonus. Probably not the best idea to package these 2 together imho.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Do the Jets absolutely have to trade Mason? His contract is only for one more year.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Would love to get Myers. Mason could be a good backup to Varly if we can't get Bernier back.

2018 first + 5th for both.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
It should be Little + Myers, Chevy should probably just wait for Mason to expire though. As much of a good GM Chevy is I regretted the Little re-signing the day it happened and I’m regretting it even more now, I wonder if he carries trade value to other GM’s around the league though.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Toby gone - 5.8 million

Myers traded - 5.5 million one year, we would get a ok return for him.

Mason traded (yes we would add an incentive) - 4.1 million one year

What's the concern? We just cleared 15+ million....

I doubt any single team would take both Myers (who holds value) and Mason (who holds zero to slight negative value).
I disagree that Mason has negative value. He was injured. I don’t think those injuries are a problem going forward. He had a small sample size this year and those first two games made his numbers look bad. Thee 11 games after he put up a .920. I dont think it would be unreasonable to think he could have ended with an average Sv% having played the whole year and no reason he can’t fall into being at least average next year. I don’t think even with his salary that gives him negative value.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I disagree that Mason has negative value. He was injured. I don’t think those injuries are a problem going forward. He had a small sample size this year and those first two games made his numbers look bad. Thee 11 games after he put up a .920. I dont think it would be unreasonable to think he could have ended with an average Sv% having played the whole year and no reason he can’t fall into being at least average next year. I don’t think even with his salary that gives him negative value.

I don’t disagree but it would be hard to convince anyone here of that fact. GM’s might be more realistic not sure

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
I don’t disagree but it would be hard to convince anyone here of that fact. GM’s might be more realistic not sure
I think he would have been a better move than Darling (even before this season) for the Canes, average goaltending might have had them competing for the playoffs. I think NYI would be smart to kick some tires. But goalies are a tough sell to begin with.

Reactions: Hunter368

McDLT

I'm a style boy for life
Mar 1, 2016
Calgary
I think that he's pretty close to zero or a slight positive value with his contract. He's still better than some of the goalies in the league, but he is definitely overpaid.

Reactions: Hunter368

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I think that he's pretty close to zero or a slight positive value with his contract. He's still better than some of the goalies in the league, but he is definitely overpaid.

Agreed

If he was traded it the return we got would be very small. Guessing 4th to 6th rd pick

Reactions: McDLT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad