Prospect Info: Tyler Kleven (D) at 44th Overall (Sens traded up)

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Clips keep popping up about the Ralph Arena. Kleven played there right? That shit is insane.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Kleven looks NHL ready to me.

I mean, honestly, you think anyone 6'3 and taller looks NHL ready.. I kid, I kid.

I thought he did lots well. There were a couple of times he struggled (minor issues against a sad sack team like the Hawks) but he's a new call up for the 3rd pair and that's to be expected.

I think our 5-7 D next year are in place. JBD, Brannstrom and Kleven can all rotate in and out. Hamonic sits unless we have 2 injuries.

I think Kleven is not quite ready to be relied on every game but he's improving nicely.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Kleven looks NHL ready to me.
Agreed. He’s here for good.

Sanderson-Zub
Chabot/Chychrun-XX
Kleven-XX

I’d consider brannstrom,jbd,guenette for that bottom spot depending on how well they play with Kleven.
But that middle spot needs to be filled properly. An actual upgrade on chychrun(assuming he’s the one that’s moved) which should be a very good player.

Reactions: DrEasy

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I was impressed with his skating. Better than i realized.
That was my first thought about him, maybe on his first shift. Really moves well for his size.

Agreed. He’s here for good.

Sanderson-Zub
Chabot/Chychrun-XX
Kleven-XX

I’d consider brannstrom,jbd,guenette for that bottom spot depending on how well they play with Kleven.
But that middle spot needs to be filled properly. An actual upgrade on chychrun(assuming he’s the one that’s moved) which should be a very good player.
I’ll be disappointed if Brannstrom isn’t back next year. I think he brings way more than JBD.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Kleven had a very good 1st game after almost a full season in Belleville. I have liked his progress following Belleville. I want to see him play a few games and see where we are. I am pulling for him.

He played a smart game. Picked his spots to jump into the offense. Defended well. Showed good poise. Had a really good hit; used his size and length and was aggressive in front of the net. Its 1 game. Do it again.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
Maybe people have a short memory but we’ve seen Kleven play this well on his previous call ups.
Hard to say how much he’s progressed until he shows he can keep it up.

But he can figure it out up here. I see no need to send him back down for further development.

Reactions: aragorn

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Kleven had a very good 1st game after almost a full season in Belleville. I have liked his progress following Belleville. I want to see him play a few games and see where we are. I am pulling for him.

He played a smart game. Picked his spots to jump into the offense. Defended well. Showed good poise. Had a really good hit; used his size and length and was aggressive in front of the net. Its 1 game. Do it again.
That hit has been a missing factor for so long now. I hope he stays up for a few more games to give us more time to see how he is progressing.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Kleven looked good. Especially in periods 2 and 3 when Ottawas foot was off the gas and he actually had to do something lol.

Brannstrom supported him really really well.

Saying this, the hawks are f***ing bad.

Bring the Brannchise back to RD like he prefers and watch him and Kleven explode
People will bitch and argue he’s not good on EITHER side (possibly) but brannstrom looks so much better on the right. Looked good with chabot and looked good with kleven

Reactions: DrEasy and Codo37

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Maybe people have a short memory but we’ve seen Kleven play this well on his previous call ups.

But he can figure it out up here. I see no need to send him back down for further development.
He's ready. He's exactly what they are missing. Enough AHL for him, maybe some of the other d will see his physicality and start to emulate it. His range and reach shut down the entire side of the ice. They need 2 more of him.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He's ready. He's exactly what they are missing. Enough AHL for him, maybe some of the other d will see his physicality and start to emulate it. His range and reach shut down the entire side of the ice. They need 2 more of him.
I'm a big fan of his game, and potential, but... it was 1 game against an awful Chi team. I'm optimistic that you're right since imo he's been great in Belleville (limited viewings mind you), but I'm going to wait until he does it consistently and against some stronger opposition before I am willing to say no more AHL for him. Winnipeg and Florida will be good tests for him.

Reactions: Cosmix and DrEasy

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

I thought he looked more comfortable yesterday than in his previous callups.

He looked a lot more like a guy playing to avoid mistakes, limiting physical play last time. Yesterday he just looked to be playing his game.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

He looked a lot more like a guy playing to avoid mistakes, limiting physical play last time. Yesterday he just looked to be playing his game.
He's much better within structure that's why he looked better yesterday and at the end of last year.

Reactions: Cosmix and Bileur

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
This is probably the best description of his game last night that I've seen.

I saw him live earlier this year and he looked tentative and unsure. I was there last night and he looked poised and comfortable. Huge difference from the previous time I saw him.

Reactions: DrEasy and Bileur

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009

Maybe by a micro step. But I’ve seen him play like that for us.

Reactions: bert and Bileur

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
He looked good. But young players always play well at the start. Let's see how consistent he can be the next couple of games.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Im fine with him playing the rest of the year up here, try to identify any opportunities in his game to focus on for the off season. Sens absolutely need a guy like him to hold it down in the bottom pairing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad