Confirmed with Link: Tyler Kennedy calls it a career

golfortennis

Oct 25, 2007
Ok, guys, can someone fill me in on the "TFK"? I get the T and the K.... I've always told my wife it was Tyler "F'in" Kennedy(he scored a goal one time and I remember seeing TFK here, and just blurting that out.) Or is his middle initial F?

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Ok, guys, can someone fill me in on the "TFK"? I get the T and the K.... I've always told my wife it was Tyler "F'in" Kennedy(he scored a goal one time and I remember seeing TFK here, and just blurting that out.) Or is his middle initial F?
I think it's just a riff on JFK/RFK.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007

It is what you think it is.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
TK was fairly good when he focused on puck possession and corner work (before the days of his chest sniping). Godspeed MBP. I always thought he could've been a bit better of a player, but got stuck into corsi padding or some other type of mental rut that was detrimental to his play in the later years. He would NOT stop taking slappers from outside the dots, but our stupid coaching staff probably was telling him to.

He produced well at 5v5 for us (many years above the top 6 cutoff). From 08-12 (his best 4 years by far), he produced 1.98pts/60min at 5v5 which was in the top 25% of NHL forwards

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad