R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Officially hung them up today. God speed, Manbearpig

manbearpig-1.jpg

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Never really cared for him here, but he helped win us a cup much in the same way Eric Fehr or Kuhn did. Hope Rust, Sheary, and Kuhn all carve out much better careers than TK did.

Got endless rope for being part "of the best third line" in hockey, but I'd argue Staal and Cooke were the main reasons for that.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
A respectable career with his name on the Cup. I loved his work ethic.

Dread Pirate Roberts

Jul 2, 2008
Mountain West
Got endless rope for being part "of the best third line" in hockey, but I'd argue Staal and Cooke were the main reasons for that.

Staal and Cooke were the main reasons that it could be used as a shutdown line, but TFK added speed and offensive aggressiveness. I thought he was alright on the forecheck, too.

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
I'll always remember all those chest snipes!

But for real, he was pretty solid here for a few years.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
tic-tac-toe goal was awesome. TK's work ethic was amazing. I loved every bit of it. He was worth every penny we gave him, even if he sniped every chest.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
tic-tac-toe goal was awesome. TK's work ethic was amazing. I loved every bit of it. He was worth every penny we gave him, even if he sniped every chest.

What game was that again? Staal was a Pen at the time and he jumped into the glass with that fan dressed as a ref.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I liked him, always worked hard out there. Still can't believe the Sharks traded for him though, I believe we picked Jarry with that 2nd rounder we got back for him.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Favorite TK goal of all time was an overtime snipe against the Flyers back in...2011 or 2012? They were in the blue jerseys at the time.

Decent player who made some nice contributions to the 09 run and had a great season the year Sid and Geno went down at the same time. Happy retirement

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
What game was that again? Staal was a Pen at the time and he jumped into the glass with that fan dressed as a ref.

Game 4 of the 2009 SCF. Great play.

Happy trails, TFK. He gave us an industrious, quick forechecker when we needed it, and got rewarded with a Cup.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Always really liked TK. His speed and hustle added a lot to the Staal line, and as much as we joke about the chest sniping, the guy scored at about a .5 P/G clip from the 3rd line during his best 4 years here - pretty damn good. Seems like a solid dude too.

Surprised his career fizzled out so early (especially since you'd think he'd be an advanced stats darling with all his shots)...he only turned 30 this year, and it sounds like he's struggling to find out what to do next with his life:

Former Penguins center Tyler Kennedy is fearful of his future

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...is-fearful-of-his-future/stories/201608160033

I'd have thought he could make a pretty good living in the AHL for awhile if he wanted, but maybe he's too proud. Hope he finds a new passion.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Ignoring some of the stupid negative stuff about his wife, kids name, and whatever else...

The guy always came to play when he was in a Penguins uniform. People can be pissed all they want about his contract that made Jagr not want to sign, that was never his fault, it as more so Jagr speaking out of his ass. I will remember his work ethic, grit, and his chemistry with the 3rd line and the time the guy really did break out. Injuries took a toll and for a guy that played it 100% every shift, it was bound to happen. I noticed he never was healthy when he left the Pens and yeah that sucks.

But he was one of the key elements to the cup win too with his solid play on the 3rd line.

m302291

Jun 2, 2015
I always liked Kennedy. When I first started watching hockey in middle school he was one of my favorite Pens because I loved his hard shots, checking and energy.

I was pretty sad when he was traded. I'm from NY, and was pretty excited when he came to NYI cus I watched their games before I got CenterIce, and I thought he played really well.

Surprised no one wants him. Tons of energy, good character, like mentioned before a great analytics guy no doubt.

I really don't get how not even a team like ARZ or VAN doesn't have a place for him.

Always really liked TK. His speed and hustle added a lot to the Staal line, and as much as we joke about the chest sniping, the guy scored at about a .5 P/G clip from the 3rd line during his best 4 years here - pretty damn good. Seems like a solid dude too.

Surprised his career fizzled out so early (especially since you'd think he'd be an advanced stats darling with all his shots)...he only turned 30 this year, and it sounds like he's struggling to find out what to do next with his life:

Former Penguins center Tyler Kennedy is fearful of his future

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...is-fearful-of-his-future/stories/201608160033

I'd have thought he could make a pretty good living in the AHL for awhile if he wanted, but maybe he's too proud. Hope he finds a new passion.

I raise an eyebrow at this article.

There's no reason he couldn't sign in the DEL/NLA if he really wanted to continue playing pro hockey while getting the benefits of being a pro athlete (don't get that so much in the A)

He says he's not a "good talker" or communicator and wouldn't coach kids, and I get that, nothing wrong with not wanting to coach.

But at the end of the day he shouldn't have financial trouble. This article makes it sound like he himself, his wife, and his wife's parents are worried about providing. It sounds more to me like he just doesn't know what to now and still hasn't really accepted the fact that he won't play in the NHL anymore.

As long as he hasn't been an idiot with his money, he can just find a hobby. He's got millions. I don't get the "fear" from him. Sounds more like his stress is coming from denial.

It didn't say his kids name was cookie did it?

His wikipedia page does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad